Wednesday, November 1, 2017

CAS-ual Fridays Thanksgiving Greetings

Hi and thanks for stopping by! It seems like time is flying lately for me! I've been trying to learn to cook again with "iffy"results. I haven't turned on the oven since last March ???!! DH has been cooking out all summer, now it's my turn. I do all the cooking in the winter. I love cooking in the oven and warming up the house. The scent fills the rooms, and a warm meal is a nice way to welcome my sweetie home after a hard day at work. My first batch of pumpkin bread looked a little crispy around the edges.. but I'll get it figured out again!
With Thanksgiving around the corner I need some card to send too! I will be missing a few people this year - my daughter moved out of state and I'm not sure she'll be making it home. A card in the mail will let her know I'm thinking of her.
I stamped a background of colorful leaves and trees from the CAS-ual Fridays Calm and Gentle Stamp Set. I tried different ways of stamping the leaves and found keeping the colors (reds, greens, violets) separate worked best and helped define each tree.

If you look close you'll see that I splashed the design with soft blue (Broken China) distress ink that I watered down. It adds some depth and color to this forest scene.
The simple Thanksgiving Greetings is from the Autumn Blessings stamp set. I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black and cut it with an oval die cut. I adhered it with adhesive foam tape to add dimension.


Want to go shopping? If you see something you like I hope you will use my special discount code. Any commission that would normally go to me for your purchase has been redirected to CAS-ual Fridays to use toward Breast Cancer Awareness and Research. I accept no commission for the use of products on my blog and only use and endorse products that I love and would recommend. Here's a link to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Store.




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | CAS-ual Fridays Calm and Gentle, Autumn Blessings

Dies | Spellbinder 

1 comment:

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That's a great card, I love the dot coloring.