Tuesday, May 8, 2012

WMSC#96 - Mom Cameo

Hi Everybody!  I hope you are having a great day.  I have been doing lots of yard work lately trying to get everything set up for a lazy summer.  I've been scrubbing the outdoor furniture and raking away all the dead foliage that served as mulch for my perennials.  I've been pulling out weeds too - which has been easy because it has been so rainy here.  I had to share this funny picture of the new puppy with you.  I saw she was at the back door, ready to come in the house when I took a closer look at her and saw the condition she was in. I couldn't help but start laughing when I saw that she was just covered in mud!  Her face sort of tells the whole story doesn't it?  I had to grab the camera and get a photo of my naughty puppy.  Sorry for the glare from the flash - I wasn't ready to open the door just yet!!

WMSC96Today I'm playing along with the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.  This weeks' design is by Waltzingmouse Design Team Member Kelly Schirmer -  AKA Gingham GirlThis one looked like lots of fun with all the room for embellishments.    I wanted to make a Mother's Day card so I immediately went for the Cameo images - they bring to mind tradition and family.  Normally when I make rolled flowers I go for pinks and reds, but my mom's favorite color is turquoise - so I stuck with that.  I rolled the flowers with paper that I stamped with a background image.  I made a short tutorial if you are interested.  You can see it here.http://akeptlife.blogspot.com/2012/05/rolled-flower-tutorial.html  You know I have to have some bling so I added a few gold leaves and a sprinkle of pearls.    I embossed the bottom half of the paper and lightly ran an inkpad over the paper to bring out the embossing.   The little twine bow and tag complete the card.

I appreciate your stopping by to take a look.  I hope you have a great day! 

Jeanne

Supplies Used:    Finished Size 5x7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Mom from Roses in Bloom, Cameo to Go, Oval Classic Frames, Faux Fun
Paper:  Crate Paper Portrait Collection "Bouquet"
Solid Paper:  Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist, Kraft, Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream
Foil:  AC Specialty Foil Board
Dies:  Spellbinder Foliage, Big Scalloped Ovals, Bitty Blooms, Standard Circles, Classic Ovals, Blossom Tags & Accents, Cheery Lynn Swedish Spring Oval Die, Border Carnivale
Ink:  Stampin' Up!  Baja Breeze, Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Embossing Folder Cuttlebug Paper Lace 2
Seam Binding:  Hug Snug Aquarelle, Twinery Twine Caribbean, Pearls

27 comments:

Karin Åkesdotter said...

(-: So sweet!
And your card is just amazing! (think I need to improve my English vocabulary of positive adjectives - so I can vary my comments a bit more - have a feeling I've used that word AMAZING many times before when seeing your cards)
Love this one too! Hugs, Karin

-Aneta- said...

Wow ...Love the flowers ...and this project ! I love these stamps! Colours are beautiful and idea is great:) Love -Aneta-

Lisa Minckler said...

Well, I'm on the floor! This is gorgeous. Love the twine bow. :)

Kara said...

so pretty!! love your dirty little pup too..so sweet!

Unknown said...

Your card is stunning Jeanne what a fantastic colour well done . I love your little dog how fabulous and what a great photo Hugs Elaine

Cathy Weber said...

Wow, this is so pretty Jeanne, those are the most beautiful flowers, along with the cameo and oval layers, so elegant. Your mom is going to love it.

Teresa Kline said...

awesome card, I luv the flowers.....your puppy is soooooo cute, sweet hug and kisses to him!

enjoy *~*

Valerie said...

this is a gorgeous card! Going to go watch the tutorial now! Thanks for sharing. Loved the "naughty" puppy picture!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Jeanne! Lovin' the WM cameo and the beautiful blossoms! Thanks for playing with the WMSC :)

Kristine said...

Hi Jeanne *Ü* WOW, is this ever gorgeous!! Lovely diecuts all over this--LOVE em!! Such a pretty cameo too. Love the rolled flowers... ooo, I see a tutorial below I'm gonna go check that out :)

Carla said...

WOW! What a beautiful colors! This is great. Love from Holland.

Anne-Elise said...

Oh Jeanne, your new puppy is so cute!! You can really see that she has done something she shouldn't have... Your card is again so beautiful! Love all the layers, well done!

Pauline said...

Oh this is just beautiful Jeanne! Every time you create a masterpiece! Love these rolled flowers, and the blue cameo layering is the perfect focal point, a real stunner!

Laura x said...

This is so beautiful...I wish I was as talented!

Unknown said...

I love the cameo image and those rolled flowers are so pretty. Thanks for the tutorial, I always appreciate the time it takes to do those. :) Beautiful card Jeanne!
Your baby is adorable and those eyes really tell the story. TFS that precious picture!

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous flowers, Jeanne! Superb framing of your cameo and the pearls are perfect.
Gotta love that pup, even muddy. :-D

Marybeth said...

First I have to say I love the look on Katsuko's little face and yes ,it says it all.
Gorgeous card Jeanne! The hand rolled flowers are amazing , I cant wait to go see how to make them.
I like the die cut frame behind all the beautiful flowers too. I think I might just comment Gorgeous on every card you make.

Julia Aston said...

Your puppy is just adorable Jeanne - his face shows he was in trouble!!

I just love this card in blue with all the wonderful flowers - just beautiful!

Shannon White said...

Wow! this is jsut Gorgeous Jeanne! Love your Fabulous cameo and Gorgeous rolled roses! Such Lovely dp's and wonderful layout too! LOVE this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Renee said...

That little fur baby is irresistible...
and she looks like she knows she's in big trouble! :)
What an adorable pic!
And what a gorgeous card...
as always!!
The colors...
the papers...
all the yummy layers and elements...
just gorgeous!! :)
There's going to be a very happy mom on Sunday! :)

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Hi Jeanne!! That is one gorgeous card! I love the colors and that super pretty cameo :) Thanks a lot for stopping by my blog, hope you have a nice day today! And wow, your blog candy is awesome! ;)

Hugs,
Sabrina

Clare said...

Stunning card, I'm always inspired by something when I visit your blog!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Just stunning really! I love the mixed elements for the button feature, and the use of aqua, a real stand out!

Kelly S. said...

ACK! A total stunner...those FLOWERS! With the detailed circles in the mix...and The COLORS! I just love the way that you layer nesties...and that embosssed background is just gorgeous. I am just so excited. About everything ;)!!!!!

Sharron said...

Oh, WOW--another stunning creation! The turquoise flowers are gorgeous and the cameo so beautifully framed! Your mom will love it! And TFS the puppy photo--can't help but love those little 'bad puppy' memories!

Holly saveur said...

Stunning card!

JJ Bolton said...

You nailed it! The blue and gold is such a classic combo! I love the flowers in blue:).