Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Joyce!

This is an extra special post for a special friend - Joyce from Cards by the Sea blog.   You might know Joyce by the pretty owl icon she has by her name and the sweet comments she leaves under your beautiful creations!!  Joyce is also one of the designers of the 12 Kits of Christmas, and is always leaving me messages of encouragement that I greatly appreciate! 

I wanted to make her a special card for her birthday so I pulled out my newly arrived Papertrey stamps.  I just started buying Papertrey stamps and was happy to finally get these beauties kissed with ink and put to use!  The Lilly of the Valley is the flower for May, so I thought it would be perfect to wish Joyce a Happy Birthday!  .  To personalise my card for Joyce I added a fancy "J" from the Serendipity Elegant Alphabet set.

Here's a pretty bouquet from my garden!
Happy Birthday Joyce!

If you'd like to see the other cards created in celebration of Joyce's birthday, here's the order of the birthday blog hop..

Cathy -http://emptynestcrafter.blogspot.com/
Kristin -  http://kristinshappy.blogspot.com/
Jeanne - (That's Me!) http://akeptlife.blogspot.com/

Hugs!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:    Finished Size 6x6"
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink Year of Flowers Titles, Year of Flowers, Garden Variety, Serendipity Elegant Alphabets
Dies:  Spellbinders Labels 10, Jar Labels, Papertrey ink Garden Variety Seed Packet, Cheery Lynn Nautical Wheeler Doily
Paper My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Collection Madison Avenue "Cherish" Pintuck Paper, and Vanity Fair 6x6 Paper Pad, Solid Papers Papertrey Ink Stampers Select White, Kraft 
Seam Binding:  Hug Snug Moss Green
Button, Gem, Lace, Twinery Honeydew, Ink Versafine Black, Ranger Antique Linen
Pretty Velvet Ribbon from Renee Lynch - 12 Kits of Christmas

21 comments:

Pauline said...

This is so beautiful Jeanne! What a gorgeous combination of dies, ribbon and lace! Love the colour combo, and these seed packets are on my wish list!

Gayatri said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love all the details on this card. Admire your style :)

Renee said...

Stunningly gorgeous...
as always! :)
All of your gorgeous details and layers...
you amaze me how it all comes together so incredibly...
mine always look like a failed kindergarten art project! :(
And oh my goodness...
Jeanne those perfect Lily of the Valley's...
I want to come visit your garden! :)
Joyce will absolutely love this! :)

Maria said...

So very lovely! Great use of dies! Lovely colors and fabulous seed packet! And, very pretty ribbon treatment!

Susan said...

Simply amazing!! I love all of the elements on this card. Such great colors and layout. I absolutely love the flowers on the seed packet!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous card and Joyce will just love it. I love the seed packet such a fun element.

Cathy Weber said...

I love the flowers you chose to use...so smart to use them for Joyce's birthday card in May. The great big J was also a really creative touch on her card. Did you really grow those flowers? I can't hardly grow cactus here in CA! Joyce will love this gorgeous card when she gets it.

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous, Jeanne! The stamped image is as pretty as the photograph of the real thing. Love them both!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow! This is just so beautiful and so much incredible detail too. I am in awe. I know Joyce will just love this too. thank you so much for playing along today.

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

What a gorgeous card! So many beautiful layers and details! I love the papers too.

Joyce said...

What a beautiful card you made. I had no idea that my birthday month flower was Lily of the Valley. I guess I am not too old to learn something new after all. The flowers from your garden are really beautiful, too. So happy that we are getting to know each other better through our 12 kits group. Thanks so much for helping me celebrate my birthday.

Unknown said...

A beautiful birthday card with super sweet touches on it. I love the seed packet and can smell the bouquet from here. ;)
Gorgeous!!!

Marybeth said...

Jeanne this is another beauty! Joyce will love this . Looks like you and Kara were on the same page with this one. I did not know Lily was the flower for May. The flowers from your garden are gorgeous, talk about inspiration! Your card is very elegant with the the fancy J and bit of bling.

Unknown said...

I love all your special details in this gorgeous card! The mix of patterns & textures is so rich and luxurious.

Vicki said...

A lovely card.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is a beautiful and happy birthday card. I can see the great care you took in creating a card worth of your friend who will receive it. It's incredible.

Sharron said...

Your cards always amaze me with all the gorgeous details! Love how you used the green with neutrals and came up with this awesome card! Joyce will love it! Love all the different green ribbons, especially pretty is the velvet with the lace! And your garden lilies of the valley are SO pretty!

Christina said...

This is completely lovely, Jeanne! Your attention to detail is always incredible. I love how the die cut doily coordinates with the pretty lace trim.

Kristin said...

Beautiful! Just amazing!

Suzanne Russell said...

Gorgeous card, Jeanne! I know Joyce will be doubly delighted with the "J" tag to personalize it just for her! I also enjoyed looking through some of your other posts, I love seeing the consistency of your elegant, feminine style.

Holly Saveur said...

Stunning...LOVe Lily of the Valley'sone of my fav flowers..love that smell!