Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Serendipity Stamps Blog Challenge - Butterflies

Welcome to the Serendipity Stamps Blog Hop Challenge for May 2.  Today the Design Team was challenged to work with a butterfly image and use the sketch design shown below.  Serendipity has lots of beautiful butterfly images to work with - you can see them by clicking here.    The special this week is free shipping on orders over $10 - continental US only.
Oh and did you see the new stamp and die sets Serendipity has just released?  Here is a sneak peak...  we will be having a new releases blog hop on May 9 - I can't wait to ge tmy hands on these!

May in the Midwest means the weather getting warmer, Mother's Day, and gardening.  I credit my mom for my love of art and nature because she always encouraged me to do what I love.  I spent much of my childhood in the garden taking in the miracle of life, watching plants grow from seeds, and reveling in the bounty of  colors and flowers  the garden would produce.  I still love the garden and have already begun planting some flowering shrubs - azaleas, and Japanese Pieris.
For my card today I selected the Monarch butterfly image for a sweet Mother's Day card.  I wanted to show you that you can still create a beautiful card with simple stamping without coloring.  I think this detailed image is beautiful enough to hold it's own "as is".    
I hope you will visit the other design team member sites and see what they came up with for today's challenge.  You can jump to their blogs simply by clicking on their names listed here alphabetically.
Thanks for having a look - have a beautiful day!
Jeanne
Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Serendipity Butterfly 044H, Mom Large 822D
Paper:  Basic Grey Kissing Booth Collection "Dozen Roses", Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz, Vintage Cream, Summer Sunrise
Dies:  Spellbinders Labels 22, Blossom Tags & Accents
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Lace:  Simplicity 7/8" Cluny Fan
Embossing Folder:  Lifestyle Crafts Floral
Extras:  Seam Binding Hug Snug Summer Rose, My Minds Eye Lime Twist Life of the Party "Happy Day" Twine, Roses: The Ribbon Reel, Gems, Button, Half Pearl

15 comments:

Amy Marie said...

Love how you kept the image black and white, really makes it pop off the card!

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous..love the roses.

Cathy Weber said...

Although I am sure your coloring of the butterfly would have been wonderful, it looks really beautiful uncolored on your card. You always add so many interesting details, the bow with pearl button, the lace, twine and those pretty roses all add such interest. That really is a detailed image, those eyes just pop out at me!

Sue Eldred said...

Love all the bright colors in the background, it really makes the black and white image stand out nicely.

Marybeth said...

Such a beautiful card for your mom. I like it uncolored and agree it has enough gorgeous detail. Love the colored paper , pink bow and gorgeous flowers you added.

Miriam said...

I really like how you didn't color the butterfly. Makes it stand out in a different way. Lovely card!

NanaConnie said...

Magnificent, Jeanne! Wonderful choice to leave the butterfly B&W. Certainly focuses the attention.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is beautiful and what a unique butterfly! I love it!

Kristine said...

Hi Jeanne, Love your beautiful butterfly card! The twine, roses, bow, design paper... really really PRETTY!! :) Thanks for letting me join in your blop hop today! The Serendipity Stamps are so awesome. Have a wonderful evening!
kris
(Guest DT for Serendipity)

Sharron said...

Beautiiful Mother's Day card, Jeanne! I love the pinks and brightly colored paper--so pretty! The detail on the butterfly is fabulous and it looks fantastic without being colored--a wonderful contrast to the brightly patterned background!

Jenny Gropp said...

Ohhhh I could never resist coloring.... but you did! AND it is outstanding... the contrast with the B and W image and the colorful background is super eye catching! FAB card!

Unknown said...

Stunning creation Jeanne What a fabulous card I love this one , great colours and that Moth image is super well done.
Hugs Elaine

Lisa Minckler said...

I would bend this card to pieces if it was given to me, from hugging it! So, sooooo precious and heartfelt. :)

Kathie Bailey said...

Jeanne, this card is luscious! I love your bold colors and unadorned focal image.

Mattxyat said...

Although I am sure your coloring of the butterfly would have been wonderful, it looks really beautiful uncolored on your card. You always add so many interesting details, the bow with pearl button, the lace, twine and those pretty roses all add such interest. That really is a detailed image, those eyes just pop out at me!