Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ribbon Reel Challenge 28 Spring Colors

Today I'm playing along with the Ribbon Reel Challenge #28 - Spring Colors.  Take a look at this inspiration photo!    WOW!  What a feast for the eyes (and the tummy).  This spread looks fit for a Queen!    You can get all the details for the challenge here.  The challenge asks that you  use  DRY EMBOSSING plus IVORY/WHITE, LILAC, PINK and   SOFT GREEN/TURQUOISE plus RIBBON.  I saw that fantastic cake and decided to make mine into a Birthday card.  I was inspired by all the beautiful roses, the pretty  pastels, and that satiny ribbon. 



I've been looking at the Spellbinder Edgeabilities for a while - I thought it was time I used some.  It was a little trial and error.  I had to tape the dies on the edge of the cutting plate to get a clean cut since my plates are a bit warped, and tape down the paper you're cutting too  - so that it doesn't move when you run it through again to emboss.   Don't ask me how long it took me to figure all that out!   :)
Thanks for having a look!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  5" x 7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse  Eat Cake, Paris Nouveau
Dies:  Spellbinders  Standard Circles, Labels 25,  Edgeabilities Classic Decorative Inserts Two, Classic Petal, Cheery Lynn Polynesian Sails Oval Center
Paper:  Papertrey Ink  Sweet Blush, Lavender Moon, Vintage Cream     Button, Papertrey
Seam Binding:  Hug Snug Baby Pink
Twinery Twine Orchid
Embossing Folder Cuttlebug Love's in the Air
Roses & Pins Ribbon Reel
Ink:  Momento Sweet Plum, Angel Pink

22 comments:

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Hi Jeanne!! Wowww!! My oh my, your card is SO beautiful, SO gorgeous, it's perfect. I LOVE IT and of course I love those little roses!! And yes, the photo inspiration is amazing :)

Pauline said...

Oh this is just gorgeous Jeanne!! I love those pretty roses and pins, and the edgeabilites are beautiful! How fab that sentiment fits so perfectly into the stamped label, just gorgeous!!
Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

The Paper Parade said...

This is certainly a stand out card! I love that border you used, that really gives the card that extra something, but of course, so do those awesome flowers and the great sentiment tag!

Nicecrane Designs said...

Absolutely a delcioius to watch,,,, OMG you wolud be in mt Dt,,,,,INCREDIBLE, STUNNING,,,,Thanks for your comments at Lisa Minckler´s blog about my digi,,so you can ask me for your favorite Save Pack for free(take a look on this category) from my store,,,,Nicecrane Designs

Maria said...

Gorgeous...gorgeous...every inch of it!!! Love those dies you used and all the flowers, so so pretty!!!

Debbie said...

Breathtakingly STUNNING, Jeanne! WOW! I adore every single thing about this beautiful card you have designed -- thanks for sharing with us at TRR :)

NanaConnie said...

What an incredible take on the inspiration photo! Love all those gorgeous roses and the die cut you used to frame your sentiment.

Christina said...

My goodness, Jeanne, this is breathtaking! You always add just the right touches, never too much or not quite enough. And those borders may have taken some extra work to get right, but they are gorgeous!

Michelle said...

gorgeous!!!!

Cathy Weber said...

Stunning doesn't begin to describe this card Jeanne, you can't tell where the inspiration photo ends and your beautiful card begins, you nailed the colors and feel so perfectly. I love the layering with the edgeabilities and the beautiful roses. The stick pins add a very elegant touch to an already perfect card.

Joyce said...

This is just so yummy and gorgeous. More yummy even than the inspiration picture. You have such an incredible way with all the details and frilly, girly stuff. This will surely win a prize.

Sharron said...

Oh my, such feminine perfection! What a gorgeous combination of elements! That border came out just right and looks so beautiful. Love the layering, the flowers and the darling little stick pins!

Kary said...

Hi Jeanne! Your cards are always Fantastic and SO Pretty!! I love the layering and the beautiful flowers. Such a delight!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Pauline said...

BIG Congratulations Jeanne, on being made a Mischief Maker! It was only a matter of time, your talent always bowls me over every week with your elegant designs!
Have a wonderful weekend my friend xxx

Helen Berry said...

Wow! Jeanne my friend, this is such a stunner - I just think this is absolutely exquisite! Those edgeabilities look absolutely amazing and I'm with you on how tricky it can be to line things up!! I am really glad you played along with us at The Ribbon Reel - thankyou x x. HUGE CONGRATS on becoming a WMS Mischief Maker, SO very well deserved and they are lucky to have your amazing takent. Everything you create is inspirational and I absolutely can't wait to see what Mischief you create with Waltzingmouse x x x

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Jeanne! Love the pretty layered WM label and all the beautiful blossoms! Congratulations and welcome to the WMMM! Yahoooo! You know I love your work!

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning! Love the layers and pretty borders, and the roses are just lovely. Great colours too!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, this is definitely worth all of your trial and error. I love everything about this card!

Lisa Minckler said...

Tape the what to the what? :) I think I'll read back over that again. I'm having problems with the dies not cutting all the way through...but this collection of outstanding shapes has me shaking my head in awe. I really like your design here, SOOOO much. :D

Whenever I need a boost of inspiration, I always know I'll find it here. :)

Hugs,
Lisa xx

Marybeth said...

I guess I missed this one, must have been sleeping . What can I say gorgeous and good enough to eat if it was icing. You outdid yourself again! Somehow you figured it out and ended up with a beauty!

JJ Bolton said...

All your hard work paid off! Those edge pieces are unbelievable and add so much! Just fantastic!

Lenet said...

GORGEOUS! love your edges! Thanks for joining us at the ribbon real..