Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ribbon Reel #29 Use a Die Cut - Roses in Jade

the ribbon reel challenge blog
Hi!  It is really starting to feel like summer here.  The weather is warm and the kids will be out of school soon.  My daughter had her last day at college a week ago and my son will be out of high school on Friday!  I'm looking forward to the lazy days of summer - which to be honest aren't always so lazy.  There is still a bit of running around, but I'm looking forward to it being a little slower around here.  There's nothing better than sitting in the yard with a big glass of ice tea and a great book.

Today I'm playing along with the Ribbon Reel Challenge #29 "Use a Die Cut".  They are also asking that you create a card /project using the COLOURS from the inspiration photo
(CORAL, BRIGHT/CHARTREUSE GREEN & BLUE)
plus use a DIE CUT/PUNCH plus RIBBON & FLOWERS!
Here's the inspiration photo selected by
Helen Berry.  If you love lace and doilies, and beautiful accents, the Ribbon Reel is just for you!  If you feel inspired and would like to play along you can see all the other submissions, and gt all the details here.   Helen along with the other DT members at RR will have you drooling!  Here's my take on the inspiration photo...
I used the Waltzingmouse Roses in Bloom set and colored them in with Copic markers.  I used a Spellbinder Tea Cup die for the base and added the bough from the WM Nutcracker Sweet for the pretty swag on the base.   I hope you like it and thanks for having a look!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 6" x 6"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Roses in Bloom, Nutcracker Sweet, Fancy Phrases
Paper:  Pink Paislee Nantucket Collection "Crab Cakes"
Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream
Markers:  Dies
Die Cuts"  Spellbinder Nested Tea Cups, Nested Lacy Pennants, Cheery Lynn Swedish Spring Oval Frame
Ink:  Stampin' Up! Tempting Turquoise, Momento Tuxedo Black, New Sprout
Extras:  Twine, Seam Binding, Button, Gem, Flower

14 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

This is so pretty Jeanne! I love the coloring on the rose, absolutely beautifully shaded. Putting it in the teacup was a great way to highlight it and with that cute swag, just the right touch. I love your bow and that neat stick pin with the little leaf design. Really good take on the inspiration photo and colors!

Joyce said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous. And, your lazy summer days sound perfect to me. We've got 2 1/2 more weeks until school is out.

Marybeth said...

Love the bright happy colors on this one Jeanne. I really like the large bloom as the main focal point. Another stunning card! Im with you , love to just enjoy my yard with a good book and tea. Yea, one year and counting, for your daughter.

Pauline said...

STUNNING Jeanne!! LOVE the die cut cup, and beautiful bloom, gorgeous seam binding bow (how do you get them so perfect?) and gorgeous die cut doily mat. Another fabulous creation!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week! Xx

Kara said...

wow..how gorgeous!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So beautiful Jeanne! Love that big WM bloom paired with the pretty PP DP :)

Helen Berry said...

Oh my word! I absolutely love the rose in the cup - so beautiful and what a clever idea!! So many gorgeous details - love the doily die-cut, lace, stunning seam binding bow and stick pin button & twine - just total YUM!!! Thanks for playing along with The Ribbon Reel Jeanne x x x

JJ Bolton said...

A beauty! I love your interpretation of the inspiration pic! I love how you did that jadeite cup:) And the bloom just pops off the card! It's all around amazing!

Unknown said...

Absolutely love this card Jeanne. The colors are so fresh and the coloring on your rose is simply beautiful! This card is a real show stopper!!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Truly AMAZING!

Lisa Minckler said...

I do, I do, I absolutely DO like it. Those are the best color combinations. I feel like I'm in the prettiest shabby chic tea room while looking at it. :)
HUGS!

Christina said...

This is just beautiful, Jeanne, especially the way that coral colored flower just pops against the teal. So pretty the way you nestled it in the tea cup!

Deborah Frings said...

Jeanne - this is fabulous! I love the delicate trellis background with pretty doily behind that lovely rose! Wonderful work!

Oscar said...

Such a beautiful card Jeanne, love your take on the challenge and how you've really taken inspiration from the photo. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this week! x