Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tuesday Throwdown - In the Garden


Grab Our ButtonI made this one for the Tuesday Throwdown blog challenge.  This week's theme is "In the Garden".  I thought this image of raspberries from Serendipity was just the ticket.  I did lots and lots of layering with some paper I've been hoarding from K& Co.  Do you recognize this pattern?  This is one of the first paper's I ever bought.  I just adore the romantic garden flowers. and the soft pink color.  I always thought it was too pretty to use and didn't want to cover it up.  Well enough of that!  No more hanging clothes in the closet "for that special day" either!!    I think you know what I'm talking about here! 

I used lots of gold on this one, a gold pearl background, a gold foil paper ornate frame, and some gold twine too!


I hope you find some time today to play along - no better time to start thinking about "In the Garden" than Spring!

Jeanne


Supplies Used:  Finished Size: 5x7"
Stamps:  Serendipity
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Canadian Kaleidoscope, Spellbinder Labels & Tags, Antique Frame & Accents
Border:  Ek Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace
Paper:  Flower K& CO.  Houndstooth My Mind's Eye 6x6 Pad Vanity Fair, Gold Foil AC Specialty, Gold border paper Pearls Gold
Seam BInding:  Hug Snug Fuchsia
Button and solid Paper - Papertrey Ink Autumn Rose
Copics, Gold Twine, Flower RIbbon Reel

10 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a beautiful Mother's Day card Jeanne! Love the pretty flowers and decorative frames! So elegant and classy looking!

Helen Berry said...

Jeanne, this is just stunning as always! I love the sweet stamped image and all those gorgeous die cut details/frames! The golden frame is especially gorgeous! Fantastic card for the challenge - thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week x x x

Cathy Weber said...

Love that gold frame and the die cut behind it really makes the frame stand out. The flowers are so pretty, colored perfectly as always. Your bow is so pretty and that button matches perfectly! I bet you have a ton of patterned paper and you saved this piece for the perfect card.

Shannon White said...

Soo Pretty Pretty! Love your Wonderful layout and all the Yummy layers! Your lacy die cuts and pretty image are just perfect too! Love this! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown! 8-)

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful papers on this Jeanne - love the die cuts - the gold and pretty floral stamping!

NanaConnie said...

Wait, wait, let me put on my Tuesday Throwdown DT hat..... lol This is positively gorgeous, Jeanne! Love the lacy die cuts and that bow is just to die for! So glad you posted it at Tuesday Throwdown. :-D

Pauline said...

Love the gold frame Jeanne, another die for my wish list lol! Gorgeous papers too! A stunning mix, and a perfect take on the challenge.

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous paper and glad you used it, no more saving . Wow that gold frame is perfect on this elegant card. I like the way you added a darker ribbon and bow on this card. Stunning again! Hope you had a nice weekend, we did stayed outside for most of it.

NanaConnie said...

Jeanne, Congratulations on taking Top 3 honors at Tuesday Throwdown last week with this magnificent card! I knew it was a winner when I first saw it. :-D

Unknown said...

Wow, love the grace & elegance on this card. Beautiful coloring on your stamped image Jeanne!