Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Serendipity Blog Hop - Hydrangea


Welcome to the Serendipity Blog Challenge!  For this post the Serendipity Design Team has been challenged to create a project using supplies that have been around for "ages".    What great motivation for a little spring cleaning!  You know it, and I know it - we all have a little stash of supplies that we can't seem to part with! 
For my card I started with this beautiful embossed hydrangea.  You don't have to color a stamp to make it look fantastic - a little gold embossing powder works wonders!  We all have a bottle of embossing powder laying around - when is the last time you heated some up?   The pretty background paper is from K&Co.  This was some of the first paper I bought when I started paper crafting years ago.  I fell in love with  its pretty pattern, thick texture and embossed finish.  It has been waiting forever to see the light of day and wind up on a project.  While I was rummaging around I found a brand new package of multi colored corrugated paper!  The metallic blue ribbon was in my stash of ribbon and wrap for Christmas, and the gold foil paper I've had for a while as well.  In fact I think the only thing new on this card is the Hydrangea stamp, plain card stock and the twine!
I hope you will take the time to visit the other Serendipity design team member blogs to see what they came up with.  Maybe you'll be inspired to dig out some of that buried treasure of your own. 

I found some Spellbinder dies I had stashed away while I was spring cleaning.   Since May is my blogversary month I'm offering them up as blog candy.  One random commenter on this post will receive these dies.    Last day to comment for the prize is 5-23-12.  You will also be entered to win in my blogversary package.  So... Leave a comment!

The Serendipity special this week is 40% off your highest priced item in your shopping cart. Offer expires May 21st. You can click here to start shopping!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5 x 7"
Stamps:  Serendipity Hydrangea
Paper:  K&Co.. Papertrey Ink Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Fine Linen, AC Specialty Foil Board
Dies:  Spellbinders Grand Ovals, Grand Labels 23, Moroccan Accents
Gold Embossing Powder, Twinery Denim Twine, Ribbon Costco, Corrugated Paper, Gems

18 comments:

Helen Berry said...

Can't tell you how in love I am with this card Jeanne!! Ooo, just love the embossed hydrangea & those gorgeous little blue gems you added! Yum! I love the blue with the gold colour combination - super rich & jewel like x

Debbie said...

Love your card! Looks so rich with the gold corners.

Jenny Gropp said...

Ahhhh.... gold embossing... nothing equals how very rich it looks. It was what drew me to stamping long ago. Great job on incorporating older supplies and creating a fresh looking card!

NanaConnie said...

WOW! Jeanne, this is incredible. Love the gold embossing and the gems on the flowers. Magnificent.

Sharron said...

Love this card! What an elegant look--the blue & gold are stunning! And this is a perfect way to do the hydrangea--the gold embossing & blue gems create a sophisticated, classy look. I think I like this better than coloring!

Cathy Weber said...

What a great challenge, you remember I just cleaned out my craftroom this weekend and did I find a ton of stuff I didn't even remember buying! You sure made great use of your old supplies Jeanne. That corrugated strip is my favorite. I have never seen any color other than a neutral in corrugated. Loved that one. I also really love the gold embossed hydrangea. I know you could have colored the heck out of it, but it looks stunning in gold. This is really beautiful and those little gems inside the flowers really make the embossing pop.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Jeanne. Love the gorgeous Hydrangea image. The deep blue and gold look great together.

Joyce said...

What a pretty card. I love how you have incorporated all that gold.

Marybeth said...

Jeanne , I bet you have endless supplies in your stash, old and never used. :) The is a elegant beauty with all that rich gold. I have to say I really like this hydrangea stamp, and it looks wonderful embossed. Love the rich deep colors on your card , the bling and the gorgeous ribbon. I am off to look at a stamp.

Amy Marie said...

Super pretty.. I love how we all found different things in our stash.

Robin Cooper said...

Sure like how you used those gold corners to draw out the gold embossing. Thanks for the idea!!! And thanks for the drawing!!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Hi Jeanne!! Oohhhh I certainly love that blue!! Gorgeous cards, wonderful embossing :) Very clever that you added the gems!

Lisa Minckler said...

Loooove that you made the corner embellies the frame for this excellent image Jeanne. :)

I could think of a million occasions to use this card!

Hugs,
Lisa xx

Miriam said...

The gold embossing is just beautiful! Stunning color combo.

Pauline said...

Simply beautiful jeanne, I love this hydrangea embossed in gold, paired with the deep blue ribbon and mat, looks so elegant and regal.

Unknown said...

I do have embossing powder yet hardly ever use it. Your card has compelled me to get it out and give it a try. Another beauty Jeanne! The colors on this card are so rich and luxurious and that stamp is a must have.

Ginny Maxam said...

I love your cards, or I should say works of art! So BEautiful!! Great Blog

JJ Bolton said...

You can't go wrong with blue and gold! I love the embossing and those foil corner pieces! That hydrangea stamp is gorgeous!

Hope you're having a great week Jeanne!