Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rolled Flower Tutorial

Just a quick tutorial on how I make my rolled flowers.
1.)  Use printed paper, or make your own by stamping on solid paper.  Don't worry - it doesn't have to be perfect or even line up - you won't see the detail on the finished flower

2.) Cut the flower using  a die- I used Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms for this tutorial.  I store all my Spellbinder dies in empty CD cases and have them organized by shape.

3.  Ink the edges for a more solid looking flower.  Cosmetic sponge wedges that you can find at the dollar store are an inexpensive way to ink.
4.  Using a quilling tool for a tight flower center roll the flower.  You only need the quilling tool for the first inch or so.  Roll the rest of the way by hand.
Easy Peasy - Your beautiful finished flower!

10 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

I never thought to stop and roll by hand nor did I concider buying sponges at the dollar store..brilliant ideas. Your tutorial was obviously inspirational to me.
Lisa =0)

Cathy Weber said...

I am going to go try this right now, I have a quilling tool I just had to have and have never used it once! Your photography was really, really good on this.

Kristine said...

*gasp* Oh You enabler you!! Now I "HAVE TO HAVE" that awesome Spellbinders die to make my own flowers. Gorgeous!! I really like that texture background stamp--adds a li'l oomph! *Ü* Thanks for your awesome tutorial Jeanne!

Pauline said...

What a fab tutorial Jeanne! Beautiful roses, I must get that die lol!

Marybeth said...

Great tutorial , but now I have to go buy more. TFS

anya said...

This IS a beautiful flower! I love the extra texture that the background stamping adds. And I agree, I think that die needs to find its way in my stash! I bet the quilling tool is a big help, too.. thanks for the tip. Beautiful as always, girlie!!

Shannon White said...

Oooh, What a Fabulous Tutorial! Love this! Going to have to hunt those SB dies down now, lol 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for sharing the idea of using patterned patter, wow how clever....why didn't I think of that?

Holly saveur said...

Love that it!

Helen Berry said...

Totally love this Jeanne - a great tutorial and a big thanks for sharing it x x x