Tuesday, March 13, 2012

WMSC#88 - He is Risen

 Another busy day for me.  Went to the dentist for round two of my implant procedure.  I had the abutment put in and then off to my regular dentist for a crown impression.  My daughter is on Spring Break from University so she tagged along with me.  We did a little shopping and then a quick lunch at the White Castle drive through for some loaded fries - have you had this guilty indulgence yet?  If your a junk food addict like me you will want to hear about  these.  They are french fries smothered in cheese sauce and ranch dressing and topped with crunchy bacon bits.    I know .... oh so bad .... but they taste so good!!!  I figured after the dentist I was due a little comfort food.
WMS Sketches_MS font_separate
Today I'm playing along with the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.  The sketch this week is by Renee Lynch.  I'm working on my Easter cards so I thought this would be a good chance to get another one done!   I made this one for my mom -  lots of soft pastels and just a touch of bling.   I remember her dressing us girls up for Easter Sunday - a new hand sewn dress,  hats, shoes, white wicker purses, and even lacy crochet gloves. Mom would get a pretty orchid corsage that we all fought over trying to pick the one we all thought was best suited for her.  And every year she would tell us it was just the one she wanted.  Ah ..   the good old days!!  I bet you've got some great Easter memories of your own. 

If you'd like to play along you can get all the details here:  http://waltzingmousesketchchallenge.blogspot.com/2012/03/challenge-88march-10-2012.html.  Thanks for stopping by!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Fancy Flourishes & Scallops & Dots, Nestie Eggs, Vintage Labels One
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders Nested Eggs, Labels One
Ink:  Momento Grape Jelly, Stampin Up! Pretty In Pink, Versa Magic Spring Pansy, Sea Breeze
Extras:  Flowers by Offray  Twinery Twine Orchid

13 comments:

Kelly S. said...

SO elegant and SO pretty, Jeanne! I always love how you have the most unique (and perfect) charms and embellishments for your cards! The eggs on the labels look wonderful layered over that beautiful PURPLE :) ribbon. WOW!

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Jeanne! I love these sweet pastel eggs, and the luscious ribbon! And the layered frames are wonderful in these pretty shades, and they match those flourishes perfectly! Divine!

Helen Berry said...

OH Jeanne, you are amazing!! This is just SO gorgeous - those WMS eggs are too cute and I love the labels one stamps you used. BE-AU-TI-FUL colours and love the little cross charm you added!! Those flourishes really make a fantastic background - so pretty :)

Unknown said...

I'm a JFJ (junk food junkie) too so those fries sounded yummy!
I love the pastel color combo you chose and your mom will love this! I'd better get busy or Easter will be here before I know it, yikes. Thanks for the inspiration I always find here.

Julia Aston said...

Love your pretty Easter Card Jeanne! The flourish background is perfect for you little framed eggs - love the cross and flowers! and those cheesy fries sound delish! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Marybeth said...

OHHHH my ! Another stunning card, and I mean that!
Beautiful Easter card , with a perfect sentiment. The good ole days for sure! I remember my dad always buying my mother a corsage, and that was a big splurge for him with our large family.
Love the eggs and you win in my book!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

what a beauty, Jeanne! Those eggs are one of my fave sets and I love how you layered them on the square lables and added the charms! Great job!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
As always :)
I really need to find new adjectives just for your cards :)
But they are always so perfectly gorgeous...
I just don't know what else to say!
I love these festive eggs and labels...
and on that beautiful ribbon!
Just gorgeous!
And yes...
you deserved a treat for the dentist! :)
And are you sure we weren't sisters separated at some point?
I had those same Easter's!!
And since I was such a tomboy I dreaded those hats and gloves...
you don't even want to know what I did with tights!! ;)

JJ Bolton said...

Hey Jeanne! What a cute card! Love the way you did the swirlies in the background:)

I think I was channeling you when I did my card, lol! More CAS of course because I totally can't even touch the way you do layering;)

Hope you have a great weekend!

Jean Martin said...

WOW!!! Jeanne this is stunning!!! I love all your layers! These colors are beautiful together! Thank you for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

Peanut said...

Stunning card, Jeanne. The middle egg is beyond beautiful. Wow... I mean, WOW!

Lenet said...

Beautiful easter card! Love the swirly background. Thanks for joining us at wmsc.

Sharron said...

Stunning, Jeanne--the flourishes in the background are such a pretty addition and your ribbon treatment is amazing! Love how you combined ribbons and added the twine too! Your eggs are so elegant & pretty and look fantastic against the layered labels!