Thursday, March 8, 2012

WMSC 87 - Easter Greetings


Can you feel it?  Spring is definately in the air.  The Chicago area weather is warm and more than just a little bit breezy!  Talk about March coming in like a lion and all, we've had high wind advisories for the past few days!  You wouldn't believe some of the things I've seen blowing down the street!!  At least one of them is not me yet!
WMS Sketches_MS font_separateToday I'm playing along with Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #87 from WM DT member Renee Lynch.  I used the Nestie Eggs set to make a bright colored Happy Easter card.  I love how this set contains different styles so you can go casual or elegant depending on what different patterned eggs you choose and what color ink you kiss them with.   The sentiments are great too!!  Everything you need for a great Easter card in one set.  For the cherry on top I added a seam binding bow and lots of bling.  These stamped eggs are so pretty they really don't need any extras but you know me - I can't resist sprinkling around a package of gems!   The corners are cut from gold foil paper.
I recycled the glittery twine from a package of dies I ordered from Absolutely Everything.  Renee got me hooked on them - the store and the dies.  Anyway, the items I ordered came wrapped up in tissue paper topped with this pretty glittery pink twine.   It was like receiving a present in the mail!!  Just thought I'd point it out since you might have missed it on your first look - it is light pink and very sparkly.   
Thanks for having a look - I hope you have a great day!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.5 x 6.25"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Nestie Eggs
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders Nested Eggs, Lace Doily Motifs, Tags Trio
Paper K & Co. Wild Raspberry Collection
Seam Binding: Hug Snug Summer Rose,  Twine:  My Minds Eye Lime Twist Life of the Party "Happy Day", Flower Center Bazzill
Ink:  Momento Rosebud, Tangelo, Tuxedo Black

16 comments:

Helen Berry said...

Jeanne this is such a pretty spring card! Love all the extra details - the little glittery gems and beautiful ribbon & flower centre/brad you added to the egg & the sparkly pink twine is lovely too. The way you define the corners using those gorgeous die cut shapes as well looks amazing xxx

jacirascrap said...

Belo o vo de páscoa! Tons lindos!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful Easter Card Jeanne! Love your pretty stamped eggs and all the shimmer! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week! (again!) You always inspire!

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous! Love your color combo.

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Jeanne, such a bright sunny card! i love the brad and pretty seam binding bow, a really gorgeous creation!

Marybeth said...

What a happy beautiful Easter card! I love that you recycled the free ribbon, it is beautiful! I will have to try that store when they have what I need. Gorgeous nest egg stamp from WSM you put it all together so well! Nothing new there :)

Kara said...

gorgeous colors!! love all of the sparkle:)

Sharron said...

Wow, such a gorgeous Easter card! Great details--I love how you did the corners and added some sparkles on the pretty egg. And your recycled twine looks fantastic!

Kelly S. said...

Oooo love those eggs, Jeanne! The pink one is gorgeously detailed with the gems and the bow! Love the jaunty angle of the mini one ;). The little corner details are wonderful with this sketch. A beautiful color scheme for spring, too!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Goodness me, Jeanne!! This is stunning!! All of your work is... seriously girl, teach me how you do it :)

Kim Duran said...

What a wonderful Easter card! I love the pretty colors and all those little details you've used...especially the sparkles! Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

Renee said...

Gorgeous...
as always! :)
Those eggs...
just divine!
And the corners...
seam binding...
and the glittery twine...
isn't it fabulous all the extra little goodies that Patti sends in the packages?
I've kept many ribbons...
and it's just like opening a present...
just love them there! :)
You amaze and inspire Jeanne...
I just love it! :)

JJ Bolton said...

Just awesome! That color combination is a knock-out! And those eggs are fantastic! I was looking at those stamps and the matching dies the other day and I didn't get them:( One day!

Hope you have a great weekend Jeanne!

Anonymous said...

I adore your card - those lovely spring colors and one of my favorite sets lately (you'll see on Saturday!) :) Brilliant!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

That last comment was from me - fat finger... :)

Cathy Weber said...

I love this! I've never seen this stamp set before and made the cutest Easter card. I love that beautiful button with the sparkles and that bow is so pretty. The gold corners added such an elegant touch. Cute pink twine too, neat that you could recycle it!