Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WMSC # 90 Tuesday Throwdown #91 - Amour

Grab Our ButtonWMS Sketches_MS font_separateI've been playing around with this idea since I saw the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #90 design by Mischief Maker Renee Lynch.   I found this one a little tricky - and even though I love layering I had a hard time covering up part of the images I stamped.  I put it to the back of my mind until I saw the theme for Tuesday Throwdown his week - "outside of the box." Have part of your image outside of the  frame.    I  put these two ideas together and this is what I came up with.

I stamped the two identical pieces with an accent from Paris Nouveau.  I stamped them back to back to make one image with an empty space in the center.  The roses in the center are from the Ribbon Reel - they are the off white 25 mm Hybrid Tea Roses.   To color them I used a mini mister (Ranger) and filled it with rubbing alcohol (so it would dry quickly).  I added half a dropper of Mustard Seed ink from a reinker and some Pearl Ex Aztec Gold powdered pigment.  The end result is a yellow rose with lots of gold accent.   To "anchor" all my elements I used some twine - and I couldn't resist a big fat bow to top it all off.


Thanks so much for having a look!    Enjoy this wonderful spring weather and have a great day!
Jeanne
Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  5 x 7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Vintage Labels 10, Paris Nouveau
Paper:  AUthentique Blissful Collection "Paradise" - all solid color paper is Papertrey Ink
Dies:  Spellbinders Labels 10, Labels 9, Labels 1, Scrap Mart Exclusive Oval Square Label
Extras:  Twinery Charcoal, Flowers Ribbon Reel, Seam Binding Hug Snug Antique Gold, Black, Pigment Powder Pearl Ex Aztec Gold
Ink:  Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Mustard Seed, Antique Linen, Versa Fine Onyx Black

18 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

Ahh! This is spectacular Jeanne. You would never know this sketch gave you trouble, love what you did with it. The colors are gorgeous and I love the Eifle Tower image "outside of the box". Beautiful bow too, just a great card, so elegant and French!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Jeanne love the yellow and black so classy well done Hugs Elaine
Ps.. forgot to say about rolled roses, they are sensational !!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOW- this is gorgeous! I love the layout and the pretty color. The roses are fabulous!

Marybeth said...

This looks like a wonderful take on the sketch! Love the black and yellow or bit of mustard. This is so well put together, with the bow and the Eiffel Tower standing next to the two , beautiful stamped side boxes. Nice work again. Glad you're enjoying nice weather today , we are too. Enjoy!

Pauline said...

A stunning colour combination, and a great take on the sketch with these beautiful new stamps!

Unknown said...

I'm in love with your color combo and so many aspects of this card. From the stamps to the dies to that gorgeous ribbon tied into a big beautiful bow, my oh my! You totally rocked this sketch Jeanne, awesome card!!!

Vickie Z said...

I agree...looks like it didn't trouble you a bit!!! Love the colors and the labels sideways with vertical sentiment!!! Fabulous use of all these images!!!

Kelly S. said...

Oo la la! I love that big bow! Your layered labels are so lovely, Jeanne! I especially love the sentiment alongside the Eiffel Tower! So so beautiful! I wish I knew French...my Spanish classes in high school are failing me right now :)!

Anonymous said...

So pretty!!!

NanaConnie said...

I'm so thrilled that you joined us at Tuesday Throwdown this week, Jeanne! This is incredible. Spectacular bow! Thanks so much for playing along.
NanaConnie TT DT

Unknown said...

Your card turned out beautifully. I love the colors, DP, ribbon...gorgeous. Thanks for playing in the Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Deborah Frings said...

Oh Wow!!! I think this could be a winner - I love the colour, the elegance, the style! Simply wonderful!

Sharron said...

Stunning, Jeanne--love the way you placed the Eiffel Tower & the sentiment! The layered labels with the gorgeous stamping and roses look so pretty. And your bow is awesome as always!

Olena said...

So cute card! Great job! Olena

Edna Morrisedie said...

This is GORGEOUS, fabby use of the lovely stamps, and great colours too, the bow was the perfect finishing touch, very grand indeed...thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Renee said...

Spectacularly fabulous!!!
You never fail to just blow me away...
love the way you used the labels
with the Eiffel Tower...
the panels...
the colors...
the paper...
and let's see what else...?
OH yes!
That fabby bow! :)
Stunningly gorgeous as always!

Kim Duran said...

Wow! This is stunning! Love all the drama from the layers of ribbon and the black and yellow color combination. Seriously stunning! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Waltzingmouse!

Helen Berry said...

Jeanne this is absolutely stunning!! WOW, I LOVE those colours, the beautiful ribbons & trims and all that beautiful stamping!! I love your Out of the Box Eiffel tower! So very chic!! Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown ;)