Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cupcake Inspirations #151 - Top O 'The Mornin'

Grab Our ButtonCan you believe this Friday is St. Patrick's Day?  I'm not Irish but I will use any excuse to celebrate.  I have a man meeting me about a leak in my roof on Friday so I will be going grocery shopping tomorrow for the corned beef, Green River soda for the kids, and maybe some beer in green bottles for the older people.  I'm also going to try a new cake recipe.  I've been on an endless quest for the perfect coconut cupcake that will live up to the one I get at my favorite bakery - Butterfingers.  Theirs is more dense like a pound cake but not quite as heavy or as sweet.  Just strong enough to hold up that cream cheese icing and mounds of coconut.   Over the past year's I've tried so many -  I'll let you know how it turns out!

Speaking of cupcakes, today I'm playing along with Cupcake Inspiration blog challenge.  Looks like they are gearing up for St. Pat's too.  Check out the yummy inspiration photo.  I used a beautiful clover stamp from Serendipity along with their "Top o' the monrnin" sentiment.

I added some 3/4" grosgrain ribbon in emerald green and some shimmery accents - the photo corner and the metallic clover charm.
Thanks for having a look - if you feel inspired to create something Irish and want to play along you can get all the details here:  http://cupcakeinspirations.blogspot.com/2012/03/challenge-151.html

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5" x 7"
Stamps:  Serendipity Clover 111F. Bee 113A, Sentiment 174E
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders Classic Ovals, Petite Scalloped Ovals
Paper: October Afternoon Modern Homemaker Collection
Markers:  Copic G21, 24, 28, E81, Y18, CO, RV32, 66

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is Gorgeous Jeanne
Well Done
Hugs Elaine

José said...

Beautiful! That background is gorgeous! I love green. Lovely coloring!

Rene said...

Perfect for this week's challenge! Thanks so much for linking up at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Good luck,
Rene :D

Pauline said...

This is fabulous Jeanne! Love those fabby papers, and the image is beautiful!

Tina said...

very elegant ...thanks fro sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Mynn xx said...

I love that clover image--and your coloring is amazing! That metallic photo corner and the shamrock are amazing! ;)

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card! I love the little shamrock charm. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Happy Crafting!
Jen (JLJ Designs)
My Blog

JJ Bolton said...

I don't know how you do it, but you have a knack at finding the perfect little doodads! That silver corner charm is such a pretty little detail! Great coloring on your clover too:)