Saturday, March 10, 2012

Case Study #81 - Beautiful


Hi!  I hope you're having a great weekend.  I just got back from my walk to clear my mind and get to business on this card for Case Study.  It's really a beautiful day here in the Chicago area - the weather is warm and sunny and all the birds are beginning to return to the area.  I saw Robins and heard the whirling sounds of the Sandhill Cranes overhead.


This week's inspiration photo card is from Laura Bassen.  I love the clean look and the classic look of the black/white/kraft on her card.  I  kept a lot of the clean elements from her design - like the oval, black ribbon, and button and put my own little twist on things.  I think you can easily see Laura's inspiration here.  Case Study is one of my favorite places to play because I always get to try something new and I really enjoy seeing how all the entries start with the same inspiration idea and take it in so many different directions.   

I hope you find some time this weekend to play along.  
Jeanne

Supplies used:  Finished size 4.5 x 6.25"
Stamps:  Ledger Stampin Up all others My Minds Eye Blush "Princess" stamps
Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black
Dies:  Spellbinders Classic Oval, Big Scalloped Oval, Curved Rectangles
Extras:  Button, Twine, Black Pearl, Grosgrain Ribbon

12 comments:

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely card! Wonderful stampings, the wide black ribbon and big button!

Marybeth said...

Good for you , the walk and time for one more card. This is very elegant. I don't think I ever used kraft and b&w. It looks great! Beautiful stamps on this one.

Pauline said...

What a beautiful card, love this colour combo, and the twine button and ribbon Combo is gorgeous!

Cathy Weber said...

LOL, I do nothing but think of cards and card ideas when I walk. This card is so striking, the black and kraft. I love the way you made your bow and that SU ledger stamp is really great, so intricate. You always know how to interpret these Case Study pics, and this one is really, really good!

Christina said...

This is fantastic, Jeanne. I love that pretty dress form stamp and the fancy frame on the kraft panel. So classy! Thanks for joining us again at CASE Study!

Suzanne Russell said...

I think this is my favorite of the submissions for this challenge so far! Beautifully done.

The Paper Parade said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous! I love the fat ribbon and the ripples you created in them. Then the kraft, black, and white combo, and the stamps!

NanaConnie said...

Really lovely, Jeanne! Love the way you maintained the vintage feel of the CASE card. Your button almost looks like a lady's hat!

Sabrina said...

Love that gorageous vintage leger stamp!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Jeanne Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

I love your interpretation of this week's challenge. The stamps you chose are must-have's and they are going on my list!
Wonderful entry and best of luck!!!

Jean Martin said...

Oh wow this is stunning! CAS and elegant! Gorgeous work. Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge!