Friday, March 23, 2012

Waltzingmouse XC Challenge - February 2012

I made today's card for the Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenge.  I admit it, I fell behind, but I am getting right back on track so expect to see my card for the March challenge shortly.  I am determined to stick with this and get my Christmas Cards done one at a time vs. in a mass frenzy come this November.   Maybe you fell behind on your resolution too?  Well I double checked the rules, and you have until June to get your cards in for the first half of the year - so get crackin!!  Everyone is a winner because even if you don't win the prize you  will have 12 Christmas cards made by December!

Here is the inspiration photo hand picked by Ms. Julia Aston.  It is loaded with great inspiration to get you started.  I focused mainly on the bottom left corner photo.  I mimicked many of the element in my card including the stripes, red branches with the blue ornaments, off white background, the blue frame, and the jeweled baubles on the lime green tree  skirt.    I backed the doily with a green glittery paper to add some extra Christmas magic.
I hope you like it and I appreciate your stopping by to have a look.  

 Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 6" x 6:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Vintage Ornaments, Complements of the Season, French Country
Dies:  Cheery Lynn English Tea Party, Spellbinders Classic Ovals, 2010 Heirloom Ornament, Quickutz Branches
Ribbon (a gift from) - THANK YOU SUZANNE @ http://thecardyard.blogspot.com
Ink:  Momento Bahama Blue, Desert Sand, Versafine Onyx Black
Flower Centers Prima

9 comments:

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Hi Jeanne!! Wow, I super love your beautiful card!! Loving the colors and the die cuts!! Thank you so much for visiting me, have a great weekend!! :)

Pauline said...

This is beautiful, a gorgeous use of the ornament stamp, and such fab funky colours too!

Kary said...

Oh Jeanne, this is just Gorgeous!! What a great take on the inspirational pic. Love it!!

JJ Bolton said...

Love the modern Christmas colors Jeanne! Cool way to use those branches:)

Thanks for the reminder to get my March card done! Have a great weekend Jeanne!

Cathy Weber said...

This is such a great take on the inspiration photo Jeanne, and I think I recognize that stripped ribbon! I always love how you use the gems on your cards. I am a month behind too on my Christmas Challenge cards. You have inspired me to get going!

Tina said...

This is beautiful. You managed to get a perfect blend of modern and traditional looks all in one. Great work.


Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

The Paper Parade said...

WOW!! That bright blue looks perfect over the wide ribbon and green doily, I just love the look of this!

Unknown said...

Actually I love it and what a wonderful pairing of colors! The bold blue ink, striped ribbon and sequin embellishments are delightful. Claire's brilliant stamps are always an asset to any crafty project and you showcased this one very well.

Sharron said...

What a fantastic mixture of vintage & modern! And you did a great take on the inspiration photo. Love the red branches and fabby jeweled baubles! I've only done January so thanks for reminding me that I need to catch up!