Friday, March 30, 2012

Get Well Debbie!!

I made this card today for Debbie Marcinkiewicz from the Simple Treasures blog.   If you like paper crafts and everything elegant you have probably been introduced to Debbie.  I know her as the owner of the Shabby Tea Room - one of my favorite places to play but you can find her lots of other place as well - the Ribbon Reel blog challenge and Crafty Secrets for example.   Debbie recently had surgery and I'm sending her my get well wishes.  I hope you will stop by Debbie's blog and wish her a speedy recovery too!

To keep Debbie occupied while she recuperates she came up with  a blog challenge of her own.  Make something fabulous with  inspiration from this photo and include aqua, pink and pearls.   To make it even sweeter she is giving out a prize of 15 yards of hand died shabby vintage seam binding.    I thought this was a fab idea because now  beautiful creations to her specifications are just one click away. 

I only know Debbie from a few sweet comments she's left me on my blog, but I felt compelled to make something special for her.  I know she loves layers and roses so I let my imagination run wild.   I only regret that I didn't fit a tea cup in here somewhere.  I hope that this card makes her smile and that when she's resting she dreams of layers of vintage lace, paper roses, pearls and ribbons!  Get well SOON DEBBIE!!! 

Here are a few close up's.  I had to add a "D" to make it special for Debbie - this  stamp is from the Elegant Alphabet set from Serendipity.






I know I'm a little photo heavy here but I also wanted to share with you some signs of spring.  First are some lilacs I picked from my yard - and I wish you could smell how wonderful their scent is - it fills the whole room!

Next are some beautiful Daffodil's I got from a scouting friend.  She purchased them from a fund raiser for the American Cancer Society called Daffodil Days.  Aren't they spectacular? 
Thanks so much for having a look!  Have a beautiful day! 

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size is 6" x 6"
Stamps:  Serendipity Elegant Alphabet, Waltzingmouse Fancy Phrases
Paper:  Echo Park Victoria Gardens Collection - Journaling Cards
Dies:  Spellbinders Bird Sanctuary, Nested Pennants, Labels 19, Grand Labels 1, Foliage, Cheery Lynn Nautical Wheeler Doily
Embossing Folder Cuttlebug Victoria
Bling Recollections, Seam Binding Hug Snug Baby Pink, Flowers Prima Ribbon Reel Hobby Lobby Treasures by Shabby Chic, Brad Brides
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Antique Linen
Solid Papers Papertrey Ink

13 comments:

Pauline said...

A stunning card Jeanne, you really do shabby chic so perfectly! What a wonderful card for Debbie, she is going to just love it!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card! Love your pics too!

jacirascrap said...

Ah...que maravilha...lindo cartão!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful blog post today ,so many pretty thing to look at. The flowers are gorgeous. You take great photos! Your card is sure to bring a huge smile and make your friend Debbie feel better, how could it not. I bet most of your cards end up in a frame. I hope my post goes on time tonight.

JJ Bolton said...

What a great get well card! I'm sure that Debbie will love it! I love the little extra detail of the monogrammed label:) And the book page leaves are a great detail!

Hope you have a good weekend dearie! I've haven't had two minutes to get a card done in the past few days, lol! I hope I can get some stuff done this weekend!

Kara said...

gorgeous card and flowers!!

Deborah Frings said...

This is absolutely gorgeous with so many beautiful details. I'm sure Debbie will love it.

I think your flower photos are super - I can't believe that the lilac is out already!! Must smell wonderful.

Debbie said...

Oh my shabby goodness, Jeanne, absolutely stunning ... you sure know how to make a girlie feel better!!! Your card made me smile and brightened my day ... thanks so much!!!

Lisa Minckler said...

I can't even begin to describe how much I like this card. It's just gorgeous and I could look at the details all day. So inspiring! :)

Thank you!
Lisa xx

Unknown said...

Jeanne what a stunning card I love the shape and the colours , I bet Debbie loved it Hugs Elaine
PS that flower is awsome

Unknown said...

Debbie is very fortunate to receive such a beautiful and thoughtful get well card. This one is chocked full of shabby goodness and it is sure to bring a smile to her face Jeanne.
TFS the pic's of your flowers, they too are gorgeous!!

Synnøve said...

Wow!!! Amazing!!! Love your creations ...

Marie said...

Your card is beautiful! How sweet and kind of you! I love you spring pictures too! I've been snapping away pictures of flowers and hadn't thought to post them on my blog. You have inspired me.