Friday, March 30, 2012

12 KIts of Christmas - March Edition

Are you ready for another edition of the 12 Kits of Christmas?Just to refresh your memory, this is a group of 12 designers. Each has been assigned a month to provide the Christmas crafting supplies to the other 11 members. We all receive the same supplies and post our creations on the last day of every month. It's interesting to see how we all come up with something different with the same kit of supplies. 

This month our hostess supplying all the goodies is Suzanne Dahlberg.  She's provided all sorts of paper crafting goodness, lots of patterned and shimmery papers, stamped images, and pretty ribbons.  This month I came up with three cards - it seems I've been adding one a month since this started.  If it keeps up I will be in big trouble come December :) !!
I cut this one at a diagonal showing off both sides of the pretty paper Suzanne gave us -Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather.  I triple stacked some buttons and topped them off with a pearl half and a figure 8 looped bow.   I colored my dove with  green and purple to coordinate with the papers and added a little silver bling for a little Christmas sparkle. 

Next I used that Winter Woods scene from A Muse Studio to create a more traditional Christmas card in red and green.  I dded lots of twine - in the bow, wrapped around the sentiment, and wrapped around the card for a really rustic feel.  You can put the button face up or down - I think it looks great either way - as seen in the photos.


For my last card I went back to the purple - and as you might already know red and purple are one of my favorite color combos.  I think this one most represents my style.


This one is fun and whimsical yet full of the bling elements that I love.   This card showcases one of my trade marks - the seam binding woven through the lace trim, and again more sparkle in the night sky as Santa makes his rounds.


If you like these, why not see what the rest of the team came up with for this months challenge? Here's a list of the designers with links to their blogs!  
Suzanne   March
Marybeth  April
Joyce  May
Amy  June
Christina  July
Kim  August
Kara  September
Jessica  October
Jeanne (That's Me!)  November
Sharron  December
Renee  January
Cathy   February

Thanks for having a look! Join us next month to see the latest in the 12 Kits of Christmas!

Jeanne

Peace:  Finished Size 6x6"
Paper Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather
Stamp:  Block Art Sparkle Dove M253  Stampendous
Ribbon:  Ripe Avocado Papertrey Ink
Buttons:  Papertrey Ink New Leaf
Dies:  Spellbinders RectanglesTwiney Twine Orchid
Markers Copic
Others Silver bead and gems
Border Punch Martha Stewart Zig Zag
Season's Greetings:  FInished Size 6x6"
Paper:  Cosmo Cricket Dear Mr. Clause Collection
Stamp:  Winter Wood A Muse Studio
Ribbon:  Red Stampin Up!  Green Satin  Ribbonbazaar.com
Button:   Papertrey Ink New Leaf
Dies Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Rectangles
Extras: Twine

Santa Card:  Finished Size 6x6"
Paper Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather & Dear Mr. Clause Collection
Stamp:  Santa's Flight A Muse Studio
Ribbon:  Ribbon Bazaar Cream Lace - Seam Binding Hug Snug Lipstick Red
Markers:  Copic
Brads Brides
Edge Punch EK Success Double Embossed Dotted Lace

18 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness!!! Everyone of your cards are just breath taking, I just don't know where to start...I really love how you used the lavender in two of them, totally missed the memo on using that color, what a fabulous look it adds to the cards.

Marybeth said...

You are sooo GIFTED ! If I saw you in person I just might say….. Show off… In a totally complementary way! I did not know red and purple were your favorites. I love them all , your detail and embellishments are, as always, beautiful and so well put together. The middle is my favorite , I guess because it's so traditional and its just beautiful! Gorgeous!

Amy Kolling said...

OMG OMG.....you blew this out of the park Jeanne! I'm serious....how you pulled all the red and purples together is just amazing. Love all the bling you added to these cards....such a great addition in just the perfect ways. I'm adoring your second card as it's just pure traditional. Who wouldn't love it? Wow. I'm just amazed!

Pauline said...

3 beautiful Christmas cards Jeanne, you are on a roll! I love the sweet images, and the fab layering, and the papers are gorgeous!

José said...

YOU are an ARTIST! They are fabulous!!!

Renee said...

We did get the same kits...
right?
Then how can I not come up with these cards?!!!
You amaze me...
and I agree with the above poster...
you're an artist!
These are breathtaking...
and I can't even begin to mention all the gorgeous details to them...
the dies...
the mix of papers...
all the embellies...
just amazing Jeanne!
Utterly amazing! :)

Suzanne said...

Stunning, Jeanne! All of the layers are so beautiful...as is your coloring!

Kara said...

gorgeous! love your unique layout designs and how you threaded that red ribbon throught he lacey one!! beautiful!

Christina said...

These are all incredible, Jeanne! I can't wait to get back to my supplies and CASE some of your ideas! I love the way you incorporated the purple, especially on the dove. So beautiful! The second card is my favorite, with that gorgeous frame and perfect combination of the papers. And I wouldn't have thought to put purple and red together, but they look amazing on your last card. So inspiring!

The Paper Parade said...

Oh my, I love them all! I think that the second is my favorite, though. I really like that kraft die that you have behind the reindeer stamp and the way you tied that twine. It is beautiful. I love all the purple on the first, especially the purple and pearl accents on the bird, and on the last, the way that you threaded the red bow through the lace was a fabulous idea! Your bow is tied to perfection :)

JJ Bolton said...

You've really outdone yourself with this month's kit! I can't tell you how much I love the purple in those two cards. Such an unexpected but fabulous idea! And that second card is a classic. I have that reindeer stamp and I'm totally going to case that one:)

Cathy Weber said...

I don't know how you do it Jeanne! each card is better than the one before it. I love the twine loopy bow on the first card and the twine wrapped around the image too. Hey, we kind of thought alike on that one with the lavender papers with the dove image! Loved that little button on the twine and that great diecut mat behind the image on the second, but your third...spectacular. All those pearl brads and the way you fed the ribbon through the lace! Your coloring was so perfect too with the way your used the lavender accents. I can't wait to see your dozen cards come December!

Sharron said...

OMG, Jeanne--however do you do it! This are all stunning! And I feel like Renee--did we all get the same supplies?? You always can do the most amazing things by combining patterned papers! Love your layout & touches of twine on the first one. And the traditional red & green card is SO beautiful. But the most unique is the lavender & red creation--so many fabulous details! Love the perfectly colored image and the wonderful ribbon woven in the lace--must CASE this one!

Kelly S. said...

Oh I love the last day of the month now :) SUCH beautiful cards, Jeanne! I am so loving the card in the middle...those traditional ones get me every time! But I don't want the other cards to get jealous...
Oh red and purple card, you are as beautiful as ever in your Jeanne Scheme! Nobody else can put those colors together like her...and the lace/ribbon you are sporting looks like it was MADE that way! Here's looking at you, dove card, you are so SWEET but very chic too with your fancy diagonals and beautiful twine bows!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WOW!!! These are AMAZING - but then all you do is...
Have a wonderful week. Hugs from a very impressed Karin

Joyce said...

Wow. Your three cards are really show stoppers. I can't believe I am in the same group as you! Even though we chose two of the same images to work with, I have to admit that you did so much more with yours than I did with mine. Next time, perhaps I should wait to make my cards until I see your post. I think my fave of yours is the dove. I just love how you have used the lavender with it, and colored and blinged it up so beautifully. Ciao!

Shannon White said...

Wow Wonderful! Love all three of your Fabulous Christmas cards! Fantastic dp's, images and embellies! What a Super Idea to do a Christmas kit a a month, by the time the holiday come around, you will be able to sit back and relax! So Smart! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Unknown said...

Jeanne what gorgeous cards , i love the way you craft. Thes christmas ones are fabulous well done Hugs Elaine