Thursday, March 22, 2012

WMSC #89 - Roses in Bloom

 Finally I got my new Waltzingmouse Stamps.  It really didn't take very long - one week - but it seemed like forever.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on the new stamps I ordered.  While I love the new images there are still so many of the previous releases that I've been wanting so I added a few of them on to my order.  This decision was kind of a no brainer if you think about it since shipping is free (even to the US) if you meet the required order amount.  I've been missing Roses in Bloom and Large Doily and they arrived at the perfect time for this week's sketch challenge by mischief maker Renee Lynch. 

WMS Sketches_MS font_separateI double stamped the roses and the leaf image, colored them with copics and then assembled them with pop dots.   I fussy cut the top flower to expose only the inside petals and pent them up slightly to give them more dimension.  The flower and doily seemed to be visually "floating in space" so I anchored them with a bit of twine.  
The magpie in me needed some bling so I added the rhinestone flower center (I found at Hobby Lobby ) and a little swirl of gems.  If I have a big swirl of gems I usually wind up cutting it down into smaller size pieces to add to my cards when I want just a hint of bling.  It is inexpensive and adds just enough sparkle.

If you want to see what everyone else came up with you can click here to link to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blogsite.  Thanks for having a look - have a great weekend! 

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5 x 7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Roses in Bloom, PicNic Patterns, Large Doily
Copic Markers YG03, 52, 61 RV52, 55, 34
Dies:  Spellbinders Big Scalloped Circles
Ink:  Momento Rosebud, Stampin Up! Regal Rose, VersafineOnyx Black
Extra's Twine, Bling Recollections, Flower Center Hobby Lobby

16 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh so pretty in Pink Jeanne! Love the beautiful rose, and the pink bling, it all works so beautifully against the patterned background! Gorgeous!

Helen Berry said...

Totally stunning Jeanne!! What a beautifully coloured Rose. Ooo, your stamping is all FABULOUS and I just LOVE the beautiful flower centre & exquisite gem flourish!! X x x

Marybeth said...

OK, I love this! This makes me want to go order everything you used to make this card. Jeanne its gorgeous! You did a beautiful job cutting the flower, and love that center bling! The hand stamped background is just right for this card!

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Joanne! Love the cutting/layering job on the rose and that rhinestone center is incredible! Such beautiful coloring.

JJ Bolton said...

From a fellow magpie, I love it! In my eyes, you can never go wrong with hot pink and some sparklies:) Love the picnic background too!

My last WMS was a mix of old and new too! I still have a bunch on my wish list, but I'm having fun catching up!

Kelly S. said...

Oh what a BEAUTY, Jeanne! Love the hot pinks and all of the wonderful stamping! I love that background! Your rose over the doily is absolutely stunning and that bling center is just brilliant! (Magpie in me, heee!) The swirly gems go with that swirly sentiment just perfectly!

Denise said...

Gorgeous!! I love the bright colors and the beautiful bling in the center! Enjoy those new goodies!!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, what a gorgeous flower...luv this card!

enjoy *~*

Renee said...

Gorgeous as always!!
Love this stunning bloom...
looks so perfect on the doily!
And that background...
and bling...
I just die!
And yes...
I'm just like you...
trying to get caught up on some of the "oldies" so I always put some of them in my cart too...
I'll slowly chipping away...
but I think I'm feeling another order coming on soon! ;)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Wow this is gorgeous! I love that layered rose and the gem in the center is such a pretty touch! Great job!!

Cathy Weber said...

This is so pretty Jeanne, I especially love the sparklies next to the sentiment. You colored your rose so beautifully and I really like the background you stamped with the picnic patterns. Very pretty card, hope you win this week!

Sharron said...

Oh my, this is STUNNING! You have such a knack for composition! Everything looks so lovely--the background is perfectly stamped and the rose is beautifully colored! Great job!!

Savitri said...

Wow!! This is just stunning! I love how the flower pops just so and the little added gems. LOVE!

Cyndie said...

Ohhhhh, lovely! Your coloring is awesome, and I love the way you combined the gorgeous rose with the Pic-Nic background! I love the bling, too!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

This is beautiful too!! Your cards are all beautiful, in fact!! =)

Unknown said...

WOW! I'm a pink girl and a lover of roses so this one really speaks to me. The doily stamp makes for a beautiful background and the colors are so rich. A real winner in my book Jeanne!