Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Pretty Little Studio - Dream Big

My favorite cards to send are those that people aren't expecting! You know.. a card sent for no other reason but to say "hello".. "I'm thinking of you".. or "you mean the world to me". 


This card was made with the Pretty Little Studio Dream Big Collection. It's filled with lots of surprises.. pastels perfect for all year round and striking contrasts in black!

The background papers are topped with a half of a Gold Foil Lace 5" Doily (they're totally decadent~!), a Shine Bright Journaling card and finally a die cut camera from the Happy Heart pack. 

I adhered a heart embellished circle die cut from Wonderful with adhesive foam tape to replace the camera lens. The "you're my everything" sentiment is from a Lovely Words white sticker sheet .

Bitty die cut flowers (So Sweet), and shiny sequins (Golden and Fuchsia) make wonderful embellishments.

I love adding lots of embellishments to designs. To help me figure out what to put where, I arrange elements on a clear plastic sheet the same size as my card base. I mix and match elements over the clear plastic and switch out the pattern papers underneath until I'm happy with them. Because the plastic is clear I can see the papers underneath, and pick up all the embellishments together instead of one at a time. 

I think someone is going to be delighted to find this one waiting in their mail box!


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Pretty Little Studio
Paper | Dream Big Collection
Die Cuts | Happy Heart | Wonderful | So Sweet
Stickers | Lovely Words White
Journaling 3x4" | Shine Bright
Doily | Gold Foil Lace 5"

Sequins | Golden | Fuchsia

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun mix of patterns and layers! I like the shimmery gold peeking out too!