Thursday, March 7, 2019

Sugar Pea Designs - Pastel Striped Egg

I'm posting on the Sugar Pea Designs Blog today with this Easter card. This one is perfect for their monthly Mix It Up Challenge too! I hope you find some time to play along! 
The colorful pastel striped inlay on this card looks fussy but wasn't complicated to make.
I cut a panel of soft pink card stock slightly smaller than my card base. Next I cut a panel of white card stock with the scallop frame from the Card Front Element Builder. Next I cut the panel with the Egg Cut Away Window.
I cut stripes of colorful card stock with the stitched curved border die that's included in the Card Front Element Builder. I adhered the colorful layers on top of each other not worrying about having "exact" spacing on them. I trimmed the completed panel and attached it to the card base before topping it with the Egg Cut Away Window. 
To complete the card I added the Easter Word Die as a simple sentiment in purple so it stands out against the soft background. 

This looks so rich and elegant in person - I know it will be a delight for the recipient, and was fun and easy to create! 

Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Sugar Cut Dies | Card Front Element Builder , Egg Cut Away Window, Easter Word


Card Front Element Builder
Card Front Element Builder

SPD | SSS
Egg Window
Egg Window

SPD | SSS
Easter Word
Easter Word

SPD | SSS

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

I love how delicate this looks, it's just beautiful!