Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Card Concept- Always & Forever

Oh happy day!  I'm feel so lucky to be a guest designer at The Card Concept.  Have you played there yet? They offer up a photo inspiration and lots of samples from designers with all sorts of different styles from clean and simple, shabby chic, classy and elegant to mixed media.   I love to play there but have a hard time pinning down my style because I like to try different things.  When I  was asked to guest  in the Freestyle Collage I knew just what to do - layer it on thick!  LOL!!  Then I saw the photo and my heart sank.  Why you ask?  Ohhh.. .all those neutral colors!!!  I love bright, bold, beautiful color and went into panic mode!!!! I immediately started flipping through all my paper collections  and found some wood grain and beige papers.  Soon it was like.. hmmmm.... these look really nice together!     Now I'm a believer!!!  I'm happy that I didn't give up!  Lesson learned.. be open minded!
I stuck to the neutral colors using the pink only as an accent.  The silver in the photo inspired the shiny die cut foliage under the flowers.  The wood box  became the wood grain background.   The white flowers ... well... white flowers!! LOL!
 I added neutral embellishments including ivory button twine, wood veneer bird and sequins to compliment the darker wood grain paper background.
 Pink accents look beautiful against the neutral background.
 
I can't wait to see how the photo inspired you!  You can link up your design and see all the design team projects here at The Card Concept!









Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Sweethearts
Die Cuts:   Memory Box Blooming Fuchsia, Bingham Heart, Poppy Ribbons
Pattern Paper:  Crate Paper "Portrait Collection" 12 x 12"
Card Stock:  PTI Kraft, Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate, SU! Pink Pirouette, Recollections Silver Foil 
Wood Veneer Bird Memento
Wood Sequins  Studio Calico
Sequins Pretty Pink Posh
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa
Button Twine Ivory May Arts
Paper Roses Iamroses.com

16 comments:

Šialka said...

Really beautiful card!

Darnell said...

Once again, Jeanne, this should not be a card, it should be a wall hanging! It is too utterly gorgeous to be put in a drawer!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Minckler said...

LOLOL...but you did it!!! You made neutrals totally work for you and this card is spot on inspired by the photo. I love your layering concepts. I would have debated that combo for forever and that would have been a mistake because it's fabulous together! Job well done Jeanne :)

laurie said...

What an amazing card, I just love all the details and layers. It's gorgeous!!!

Kara Lynne said...

Wow! I'm usually loving the bright colors too, but this is so gorgeous!! You done good!

LauraJane:) said...

Yes I can learn so much from studying your work!! Glad to have you as Freestyle Collage Guest Designer this month at TCC!

Tracey McNeely said...

Yay Jeanne and so gorgeous! I love all of your yummy layers and the whimsical design! Thank you so much for sharing your personal fears and process. Right then and there you have enlightened our readers on one way to tackle a design style or inspiration and make it your own. Thank you so much for being our guest this month at the Card Concept!

Lindsey said...

Stunning, Jeanne! Truly stunning!

Yoonsun Hur said...

Amazing!! Absolutely amazing card Jeanne!!! I am SO so so so happy to be with you at TCC!! YAY!!!!!!!

Marybeth said...

When I saw the inspiration photo on FB I thought of you and look you are GD, congrats! Your cards is stunning! Hope to play , I love the flowers and all the elements you used.

Lea Lawson said...

Beautiful!!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Beautiful card! I know how much you love color, but people who are good with color can make beautiful projects with any palette, as you've done here! Just fantastic!

Joyce said...

Congrats on your GD spot. Love this card as it is totally 'Jeanne' with all the layers and textures, but you have shown your versatility by using all those pretty muted colors.

Angela said...

Jeanne, your beautiful romantic collage is so cheerful and bright! Thank you for inspiring us this month at The Card Concept!

Gaylynn said...

Jeanne, this is stunning. Lovely work. :)

Kristie Goulet said...

This is stunning, Jeanne! Great details! So great having you as guest designer this month at TCC!