Wednesday, February 4, 2015

SSCB#40 - All You Need Is Love



What a crazy weekend!  We got hit with so much snow on Saturday night/Sunday morning - over 15"!!  Then the temps dropped and the wind picked up to make lots of  big snow drifts.  DH and kids had Monday off due to weather conditions so we headed over to my folks house to get them dug out. Gotta say Miss Moriko was just loving the snow!  

 A new challenge begins today at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog.  This month the theme is "All You Need Is Love".  You can make any sort of love themed card - valentine, wedding, anniversary, etc. - just be sure to include at least one Serendipity Stamps image or die.   Mary likes to give the Design Team an extra challenge - just a little behind the scenes for you here... She challenged us to make our love projects non-traditional, different colors, different sentiments or masculine.  I don't know if you noticed, but there are a few new things in the store at Serendipity!  Ahem.... new Lucky word die and poker chip!!  We're having a blog hop on Feb. 13 so you can get more ideas for how to use these dies, but they seemed perfect to me for my guy.  DH likes to play cards - and I know he's going to like this one!   
 I couldn't find a stamp that said "in love" so I improvised here.  I used the small "love you" stamp and masked off everything but "love".  I hand wrote the "in" to complete my message - "Lucky in Love".
The poker chips are really easy to work with. I cut them once in red, once in white, and then just switched out the centers. I glued these over a white card stock circle so the color would show through.
You're lucky this week too because we're having a sale!

Want to go shopping? This week’s sale is 40% Off the highest priced item in cart when you use the code “40fromhigh215” Expires 2/11.

Want to see projects from the rest of the design team? Just click on their names below. We've got a special guest this month too! Say hi to Kara Vrabel from K and R Designs! You're going to be glad you did!


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!







Supplies Used: Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamp: Serendipity Stamps Small Love You
Dies: Serendipity Stamps Poker Chip, Lucky, MFT Fishtail Flags
Pattern Paper: Crate Paper "DIY Shop" 6 x 6"
Washi: Recollections
Twinery: Natural
Enamel Dots
Star Clip
Pin: Tim Holtz

12 comments:

Michele K. Henderson said...

Jeanne, this is beautiful! LOVE the colors and the design1 Your poker chip is absolutely amazing!

Kara Lynne said...

Wow! What a great card that really captures what the sentiment is saying!

Lisa Minckler said...

Now THAT is nifty! I think your hand writing fits wonderfully with the stamp. I never would have been able to tell AND I love the poker chips.
As much as I would complain about shoveling, I'm sad we haven't had any snow yet this winter. :( Your puppy looks right at home in those drifts. :)
Supposed to get a "dusting" today, but hope you all are shoveled out fairly well
hugs,
Lisa

JD/ Jill said...

Oh my! That's a lot of snow. We had some. It's still on the ground (and it's COLD around here) but, so far, not as much as you. (but winter is NOT over yet). The thing that upsets me the most about it...When it snows...my crafting buddies have no place to park...so we can't get together to craft...Come on spring...LOL!
Miss Moriko, is cute and I bet she is having fun with the snow. (I used to like it too. when I was kid...LOL!0
Your card is great. I like that poker die, I know a couple of people that a card using that die would fit. It's definitely going on my wish list.

Mary Dew Lee said...

Miss Moriko is just MADE for snow isn't she? What a fun, clever card! Love the black and white chips and especially the little green lucky clover!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful dog, beautiful snow, BEAUTIFUL card!

Vickie Z said...

Perfect!! Love this die!! So cool!!

Marybeth said...

This is a great guy card and I love the picture of your big girl! She is gorgeous!!!!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is wonderful, Jeanne! You have so many fabulous elements and colors here and such a creative layout. So clever!

Sharron said...

Now that's some snow!! Moriko looks like she would love it though. Our little ones would get lost in the drifts! Love the colors and all the great details, especially those fun poker chips!

Karen Amidon said...

Too funny that we both added, "in love"...great minds! WOW, love all the snow and what a beautiful baby she is. Another great layout and use of colors!

Joyce said...

Such a pretty and festive card. That snow looks very cold and fun--and your dog is getting so big.