Thursday, February 12, 2015

Fusion - Orange Teal & Brown


Hi!  How are you doing?  I've been keeping busy! Winter is still going strong here.  We had a few warmer days that melted some of the snow away, so the streets are clean. The grass is still covered with snow, and for the most part it just looks dingy and dirty.  I'm sure looking forward to spring!  

Looking for a challenge?  A new one begins at Fusion Card Challenge.  Check out the photo!  We're calling it "Orange, Teal & Brown".  Originally when I saw the photo I was going to make a masculine card, but Ahhhh... there is a vase of flowers in the photo and that's where I took it!   OK So back into my comfort zone right?  I can't help it!  I just love flowers!!!     Remember -  It's Fusion - so you don't have to use the photo for inspiration - you can use the sketch if you like.   I tried to "fuse" them together! 

I will admit I'm afraid of colors like grey and brown.  I really need to embrace them as neutrals. I'm learning and my comfort zone needs a good shock every now and then to get me to try something new.
 Did you check out those wood grain sequins?  Those are new at Serendipity and I'm using them on just about everything!   Getting more comfortable with adding a bit of washi here and there too!
 

Want to see what the rest of the team did with this one?  Check out their personal blogs by clicking their names below - or hop on over to Fusion Card Challenge where we'll be looking for your projects!  You have two weeks to play!



Have a great day!
 

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  WPlus9 Fresh Cut Containers, Strictly Sentiments 2
Pattern Paper:  Basic Grey Fact / Fiction Collections 6x6"
Dies:  WPlus9 Fresh Cut Containers, Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Border, Cheery Lynn Mini Canadian Kalidoscope
Ink:  Fresh Impress Pigment Ink
Twinery Carribean Twine
Wood Sequins Serendipity Stamps
Blue SEquins Pretty PInk Posh
Pin Dritz
Washi Recollections

6 comments:

anya said...

This is fabulous. I love the way you pulled the elements from the image into your card - the fun patterns on the paper and those sequins! You are so inspiring to me!

~amy~ said...

This is gorgeous! Love what you've done.

~Tammy~ said...

Jeanne, you do color and design like no other! This is awesome!!!!

Kara Lynne said...

Amazing card! I love that watering can full of flowers and what a fantastic mix of colors and patterns!

Kara said...

love it! I need to remember to pull out this set!

Julia Aston said...

Love all the patterns on this Jeanne - and that pretty watering can of blooms!