Saturday, February 28, 2015

12 Kits of Occasions - Bye Bye Birdie!



It's the last day of the month!  For me that means time for the 12 Kits of Occasions!!   The 12 kits is a group of 12 friends (well... right now there are 11) and we each take turns putting together a "kit" of supplies for the group.  Our hostess this month is Sharron Gregory from On Papillon Wings, and the theme this month is "Bye Bye Birdie".  I couldn't think of a better person for this month's theme,  because when I think of Sharron I always imagine her in her garden of day lillies, enjoying the outdoors and watching the birds.  She is a nature lover - and birds always seem to find their way into her designs and kits.  I even remember seeing photos of a little feathered family taking up residence in front of her house! I could almost hear the smile in her voice when I read about them!    Sharron gave us a very generous supply of beautiful pattern paper, stamped images, and oh so many beautiful die cuts of all different types of birds.. .seagulls, cranes, sand pipers, finches!   You can see a complete list of all the ingredients on the 12 Kits of Occasions Blog!   I made 6 cards so I will get right to it... 
I added this sentiment from Serendipity Stamps to stamp on the patterned paper.

Now if you want to see how the rest of the team used these same ingredients you can click on their name to jump to their blog, or you can hop on over to the 12 Kits of Occasions Blog and see a preview from each designer.   We have a new team mate joining us this month. I hope you will give a welcome to  Michele Ferguson  from  I Card Everyone Blog.

We also have a special guest joining us this month - she was the winner from the comments left on the blog last month! Taunya Butler from Daisies Girl Blog.

I hope you're having a great weekend!


15 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Jeanne, your cards reflect the joy of the sweet words you used to describe this month's theme. I can feel Spring through each beautiful creation! Even those adorable penguins are celebrating eventual sunshine!

Marybeth said...

Again you wowed me with your creations. I love the card with the Serendipity Stamps .. Mother Theresa quote on it, just beautiful! I have that stamp on my desk right now as I used it on a bookmark . Beautiful cards Jeanne each one.

Darnell said...

You always rock these kits, Jeanne, especially with color! I just remembered 12 Kits has a Pinterest board, thank goodness, because I've been pinning as I've been hopping and you've made even MORE cards I'd love to CASE! Hugs, Darnell

Kara Lynne said...

Those birds are all fantastic! I love each one, but that first card is my very favorite!!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

I just visited Marybeth and was wowed by all her cards and then I come here and my jaw drops again - these are all Amazing too!

richardbreaks said...

I just love how well you work with your patterned papers. I find myself getting stumped by so many of mine, but I love them all!
These cards are elegant and charming, flights of fancy that land perfectly.

Joyce said...

What a fantastic assortment of cards, Jeanne. You used so many supplies I did not even get to, so thank you for all those fantastic ideas for CASing. And, you cleared up a mystery for me--those partial birds that I had no idea what they were.

Taunya Butler said...

Such an amazing array and collection of cards - each one so delightful and full of creativity and color!! I tried to pick a favorite but each one WOWED me!! Love the addition of the clouds and sunshine and that beautiful quote to your first creation!!! The love card is just amazing in every way possible - love the way you used the white pieces against the subtly colored background!! The card with the circles - OMG - I gasped with delight and wonder over how you dis the background of circles for those birds on a wire!! The light blue card with the doily is so danged cool!! Love the way you used those particular diecuts to such awesome advantage!! Just such a wonderful visit I have had here at your blog!! Thanks for all the inspiration and other ways to see the pieces of this fabulous kit!!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow this is an amazing collection of cards - lots of 'pinnining'!

Kelly S. said...

Oh all the colors...you must have been in Heaven with Sharron's papers! GORGEOUS card with the layered sunshine and the bird silhouettes, and oh how I love your yellow and black birds with the pale blue in the background! Those tall birds get me every.time. I love them in red and yellow! And last but not least, those sweet penguins skating around...next time mine are getting pink cheeks, TOO! Amazing as always, Jeanne J!

Sharron said...

Wow, Wow, Wow--I knew you would amaze me with your kit designs but these even topped my expectations! I absolutely loved seeing the wonders you created! You even used those two piece marsh birds! I won't go on and on so will just say I LOVE them all! Some serious CASEing is definitely in my future!

Lindsey said...

Jeanne, I always get a little burst of anxious excitement right before I come to your blog. I know I am going to be wowed and I make sure I give myself plenty of time, so I can soak in all the details. I am just in awe of how you use these kits...your placement of embellishments, your layouts, your combination of supplies You are amazing!!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Wow! Jeanne! These are all so fantastic! I love every single one! Great cards!

Cathy Weber said...

You are Soooooo good! Not a typo either! I know you make a ton of cards and yet every single one is beautiful, detailed and so different. There are so many fabulous details I have to take notes go remember them all! That circle card? Wow! You really nailed Sharrons kit. Ill be sending yiu an email later today...first day of grandma babysitting duty andI need to catch up with you!

Cheryl S. said...

Terrific, Jeanne. What company makes the beautiful egret die?? Thanks!















Wonderful cards! What company makes the beautiful egret die?