Wednesday, January 7, 2015

SSCB#39 Hidden Gems

Hi and thanks for stopping by!  I've been so busy I don't know where to begin!  Christmas and New Year felt like a blink of an eye.  The front door was constantly opening and closing with friends and family stopping by. Lots of cooking and cleaning going on, and so nice to see everyone.  Sounds selfish to say this, but I am sort of glad things are getting back to normal.  The kids will be back to school soon, and I can get back into my daily routine.   


A new challenge begins today at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog.  This time the challenge is called "Hidden Gems".  We're asking you to revisit some supplies you might have been ignoring, and put them to work!  For me that was my embossing powder.  I have to say I ADORE embossing.  I see that glossy shine and just want to run my finger across it.  It looks so rich and elegant!!! And isn't it just magic how it melts into a beautiful design?   I would bet that I have embossing powder in just about every color of the rainbow!!  But OMG!  It is so MESSY!!!  I don't care how careful I am.. even if I can't see it - when I run my hand over my desk I can feel it .. like sand!
It's gotten really cold here these past few days and this wintry scene seemed to fit my mood. I considered embossing in blue or sparkly snowy colors, but the scene reminded me of a book illustration so I decided to keep it crisp black with hints of blue in the accents.
 A few silver accents never hurt either LOL!
And an itty bitty strip of washi in the corner to balance the design.

Want to see more projects from the design team?  Just click on their name below to hop to their blog.   We have a special guest this month too - say hi to Kimberly Wiener!!



I hope you will join us at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog!!! Oh yes.. the sale!!! This week it's buy three items get the fourth one free - good through January 14.










Supplies:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps  Serendipity Stamps Winter Town
Dies:  Serendipity Stamps Imagine, MFT Blueprints 20
Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh
Washi Recollections (Michael's)
Zing Black Embossing Powder
White Card Stock, Blueberry Sky PTI, Silver Linen Foil Recollections
1/4" Woven Silver Ribbon May Arts

6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Serendipity Stamps are so beautiful. I love the relative simplicity of this and how you placed the die cut word over the image. Lovely!

~amy~ said...

Love the pops of blue...super pretty!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just gorgeous Jeanne...I love the beautiful image your stamped and all the sweet sequins.

wienerhoneymooners said...

That die is so FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! Sweet card Jeanne!!!

Marybeth said...

Oh this is gorgeous in silver and blue!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty. I too love the look of embossing powder, and I would be willing to bet that I am even messier with it than you. (but isn't that part of the fun with crafting...LOL?)