Thursday, January 15, 2015

Fusion - Wooden Hearts

How is everybody doing?  Mr. J has been off work a few extra days this week so we've been having extra "family time" lol!  He works in construction and work is a little slow right now.  We're making the best of it - running errands together and having lunch at restaurants - it's like we're dating again!!  He's getting educated on the cost of groceries - (that's usually my job), and it's nice having him help me carry everything into the house.  I know he'll be missing in action again before I know it! 


A new challenge begins today at Fusion Card Challenge  - this one is called Wooden Hearts.   You know the drill - you can take inspiration from the photo or the sketch, or both!!  I love the purple flowers in the photo, but wasn't in the mood for the wood and grey.  Winter has been bitter here the past few weeks, and I need some bright colors to keep me happy and warm!  If I can't play out side I will make my own little paradise!  


The big heart is from Memory Box, and the smaller gold heart is from Cheery Lynn - Don't they look beautiful together?
A little bling always makes me happy.  I added a swirl of gems to fill the empty space under the heart.  The swirl draws your eye back to the hearts.  
TIP:  Save money buy purchasing larger sheets of gem flourishes - just snip off one swirl at a time to embellish your designs.  

Want to see more designs created by the Fusion Design Team?  Just click on their name below to hop to their blog!


I hope you'll join us at the challenge - you have two weeks to play!









Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse "Sweethearts"
Pattern Paper:  Basic Grey "True Love" 12 x 12"
Card Stock:  W+9 Cupids Bow, PTI Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy, SU! Soft SKy, Lost Lagoon, Recollections Gold Foil Linen Finish
Dies:  Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders, Cheery Lynn Two of Hearts, Memory Box Cupid Heart, Serafina Heart
Gems:  Recollections
Sequins Pretty Pink Posh

6 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love all the glittery gems on this lovely Valentine Jeanne! We're in the deep freeze too!

Nancy Penir said...

B-U-T-ful! Love Valentines and yours with all the bling is perfection!

Patti said...

Wow! I love that patterned paper!! sensational!!!

Stay warm friend : )

Patti

Sharron said...

You've picked fantastic colors and patterns to cheer anyone up no matter how gloomy the weather! You use such gorgeous heart dies and are really working magic with gold right now! Love all the bling!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply stunning Jeanne...love it.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

love your gorgeous papers Jeanne!