Friday, January 16, 2015

Tag You're It! Fuchsia Tag

 I'm so excited today!  It's my first time playing along with Tag You're It Challenge as a design team member.  I love tags, and this is one of my favorite places to play so I was delighted when I was asked to join the team.  As you can imagine, I have loads of cards made for just about every occasion,  Tags? Not so much.  This gives me a good excuse to make some up - to play along!!  It's going to really pay off in the long run because when I go to dress up some treats or a gift I won't have to stop what I'm doing and get one made in a panic. 

The inspiration this time comes from Heather Campbell!  Take a look at this beauty!  Lots to love her - pretty double stamped flowers, gold embossing, and those pretty stripes along the bottom.  She's even added a little sparkle and shine if you look close, and oohhhh... did you see that little charm at the top?   Super cute!  So ready to case this one right???
I thought the butterfly charm would be a wonderful accent to the flowery theme.

Here's what I came up with... and maybe a few tips to save you a little time?  I started with a white piece of card stock,   I applied the strip of washi and stamped the sentiment and background leaves BEFORE I die cut the tag.  The strip of washi made the sentiment easy to line up.  I also lined up the die with the washi strip before I cut it out.  The die trims the washi so it looks clean and crisp.
I added the stamped and die cut flowers with adhesive foam tape to add a little dimension so they pop off the tag.   And the finishing touch?  A little bling to add some shine and color!




















Ready to see more? Here's links to the rest of the design team so you can see their interpretation of this design.



Thanks for stopping by and I hope I see you at Tag You're It Challenge!










Supplies:
Stamps:  Clearly Besotted Fuchsias
Die Cuts:  Clearly Besotted Fuchsias
Ink:  Memento Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves, Rose Bud, Grape Jelly
Washi Queen 
The Twinery Twine Pink Sorbet 
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh
Butterfly Charm (not sure - from my stash!  Sorry!)

12 comments:

Joyce said...

Congrats on your new DT (this is new for you, right?) Beautiful tag--pure Jeanne colors and layers.

Marybeth said...

You have been knocking tags out of the park and you are a perfect fit with Tag You’re It! Love this gorgeous floral tag and the way the flowers hang. Beautiful!

Sharron said...

Beautiful--so bright and summery! Today is our first really warm day after lots of freezing temps so it's wonderful to see a hint of summer. The fuchsias work great for a tag and hang beautifully. Love the butterfly charm!

Carol McCready said...

Beautiful tag. Thank you for sharing.

I Card Everyone said...

I gasp every time I see these fuchsia blossoms, Jeanne... why don't I have those yet? Beautiful tag, beautiful addition to this team!
=] Michele

donna mikasa said...

Absolutely gorgeous tag, right down to that charming little butterfly charm!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...congrats on your new DT! This is one stunning tag and your fuchsia tag is a knock out.

Tracey McNeely said...

Great debut Jeanne and I love those Fuchias!

Kathy Straw said...

Love your tag!

Robyn Oliver said...

Jeanne I looove fuchsias, this tag is just gorgeous

Karen Amidon said...

Oh Jeanne, love this! How perfect for your tag and your debut...fushias! Congratulations!

sableturquoise said...

hummm ! your tag is son nice !
bonne journée