Wednesday, January 21, 2015

SSCB Hidden Gems - Hollyhock


Hi and thanks for stopping by! I hope everyone is doing good!   I've been keeping so busy lately.  DH has had more than a few days off lately - that's good and bad.  We are enjoying our time together - it feels like dating again now that the kids are older and doing their own things.   The bad part is that there's not usually much notice so it's been hard for me to plan, and see all your projects lately.  I'm trying to enjoy it, but feeling guilty.  I hope you will forgive me.  

We're at the half way point of our challenge at Serendipity Stamps.  We post a new challenge the first Wednesday of the month, and post a second project at the half way point (the third Wednesday of the month).  You still have two more weeks to play!  The challenge this time is "Hidden Gems".  We're asking you to make a project using something you've been ignoring for a while.   I confess I've had this hollyhock stamp for a bit, and have never gotten around to using it.  

Winter inspires me to make things with hot colors to keep me warm. I'm missing my flowers too.   I'm still bird watching.  I need to be brave to go outside and fill the feeder.  Wow!  It's cold outside!  
Curious to see what the rest of the team put to work this week?  Just click on their names below.   We have a special guest too!  Kimberly Wiener!  I hope you'll hop over and say hi! 

Karen Amidon
Marybeth Lopez
Miriam Napier
Vickie Zimmer
Jeanne Jachna
Jenny Gropp

Oh yes!!! The SALE!!! Free shipping on all orders over $15 continental US only through Jan.27!  Big hugs for stopping by! Talk to you soon!












Supplies:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps Hollyhock, Happy Birthday
Dies MFT Blueprints1
Pattern Paper:  Basic Grey Vivienne Collection
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers, Versafine Onyx Black
Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh
Twinery Twine Pink Sorbet
Card Stock: PTI Hibiscus Burst, White
Wood Veneer Butterfly Studio Calico

9 comments:

Karen Amidon said...

Jeanne, your colors always "warm me" and bring a smile! FAB layout and love the hollyhocks! Beautiful, as always.

Mary Dew Lee said...

Jeanne your cards are always the perfect "pick me up" with all your bright colors. This year I WILL pull the weeds around my hollyhocks and hopefully be able to see them!

Patti said...

Indeed! a gem. I love the bold colors in your card. I'm longing for spring and it feels like a fragrant breeze just filled my screen! : )

I hope you are having a great week : )

Patti

wienerhoneymooners said...

Divine Jeanne!!! Thanks so much for having me play along!!!! So wonderful!!!

Miriam said...

You really make all the patterned papers work together! Love your colors too. Perfect flower for the design!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh...I love hollyhocks and these are so pretty. What a sweet sweet card. Hope you are having a wonderful time with your sweetie.

Sharron said...

Love all the yellow--sure to bring a smile! Nothing is happier than your beautifully colored hollyhocks and great mix of bright papers!

Marybeth said...

Great way to bring spring into your house with this gorgeous bloom! You are the best at layering ! I like that you cut the whole flower out and placed it on top of the patterned paper .......so pretty to look at!

JD/ Jill said...

So pretty! I really like all the pops of bright colors...Makes me think of spring...(and it reminds me that even though...it's snowing outside...spring will come...can't come soon enough for me LOL