Friday, May 18, 2018

A Blog Named Hero - Watercolor Daisies

I'm posting at A Blog Named Hero today and I'm hoping that you're joining us for our Monthly Challenge! This month we're asking that you get out the brush and paints and do a little water coloring! Hero Arts has lots of sets that are ideal for this technique - clean line drawings that are easy to color.
I'm playing with the Daisy and Bugs Stamp & Cut Set. This is a great daisy image that I think would look amazing in lots of colors. The Stamp & Cut sets are a great value because you get the stamps and coordinating dies together in one package for a very reasonable price!
I stamped the daisy's with Versafine Brown Sepia ink on water color paper. Next I colored the images with watercolor paint. When they were dry I die cut them and arranged them on a sheet of clear plastic the size of my card base. This makes it easy to pick up the whole sheet of die cut images and lay them over different color panels to help decide what color background would work best.
I decided on a sky blue background because it had wonderful contrast with the yellow flowers. It was easy to pick up the pieces off the plastic sheet and adhere them to the background panel. Everything was already arranged and ready to go. I cut extra stems to slip between the flowers that are adhered with adhesive foam tape for dimension.
The thing I love most about watercolor is that each project is a "one of a kind" work of art. The simple sentiment is from the Thanks Stamp & Cut set.
I can't wait to see which Hero Arts stamp or die you select for this challenge!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps/Dies | Hero Arts Daisy & Bugs, Thanks Stamp and Cut


Hero Arts Thanks Stamp & Cut
Hero Arts Thanks Stamp & Cut

HERO | SBK
Hero Arts Daisy & Bugs Stamp & Cut
         Hero Arts Daisy & Bugs Stamp & Cut

HERO | SBK

1 comment:

Sharron said...

The yellow daisies look awesome against the watery blue background--just gorgeous!