Thursday, April 27, 2023

Sketched Iris Sympathy Card

Today I'm playing along at Make My Monday where the theme is Flowers. If I had to choose one flower that I look forward to seeing bloom every year in my garden it would have to be the Iris. We had Iris blooming at the first house we lived in when we first got married. When we left we took one of the roots from the plant and added it to our own garden. Like us, it's thrived and we've split it several times over the years so there are quite a few patches of it in our yard.
Another little secret.. the one type of card I absolutely never make is a sympathy card. This one is an exception - a special request -and lots of love went into it.
The card starts with a double cut Waffle Flower Flourish Panel. I cut it once from white cardstock and a second time from gold foil cardstock. I trimmed the gold panel and adhered it at a slight offset from the white panel. The assembled die cuts are attached to a soft Shaded Lilac distress ink panel.
Next I stamped the Waffle Flower Sketched Iris with Archival Ink and used the coordinating stencil set to ink it with Distress Ink. This makes a perfect match with the background.
The Sketched Iris set is really unique because the image is available as a stamp or hot foil. The coordinating die cuts both, and the coordinating stencil will help you ink both if you don't wish to color it yourself.
Thanks for stopping by! I'm still looking for my Iris to bloom. It shouldn't be long! I'll try and post some photos when it does! It's a feast for the eyes!



Stamps | Waffle Flower With Sympathy Duo, Sketched Iris
Dies | Waffle Flower Flourish Panel, With Sympathy Duo, Sketched Iris
Stencil | Waffle Flower Sketched Iris

WFL = Waffle Flower
SCB = Scrapbook.com
SSS = Simon Says Stamp
With Sympathy Duo
With Sympathy Duo
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Sketched Iris
Sketched Iris
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Sketched Iris
Sketched Iris
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Sketched Iris
Sketched Iris
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Sketched Iris
Sketched Iris
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS
Flourish Panel
Flourish Panel
Shop at:
WFL | SCB | SSS

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely way to send sympathies, Jeanne and it will be appreciated.

Cazro said...

As we all know these are not the easiest of cards to make, but you have a lovely sympathy card. Great work with a stunning iris. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Make My Monday. Caz. DT

Sue Jackson - DT said...

Beautiful colors! Gorgeous card! Thank you for playing along with MMM flower challenge. I hope to see you again in the gallery.