Monday, July 27, 2020

My Creative Scrapbook July Creative Kit & Card Making Tips



Did you ever wish you had a personal shopper for your craft supplies? Now more than ever I appreciate that My Creative Scrapbook puts together a kit perfect for cardmaking or journaling. The kit includes papers, die cut images and stickers perfectly coordinated to work together. Here's a peek at the July 2020 Main Kit...


This kit is bright and cheery with Photoplay We Can Just Stay Home Collection papers, colorful Pebbles Buttons, a pretty roll of American Crafts grosgrain ribbon with a diamond print, a stencil and an alphabet sticker set too!

The papers celebrate family fun night - think movies, board games, and staying in your p.j.'s all DAY long! This kit is perfect for now since we're all spending more time at home and enjoying our time together.
Today I'm sharing some tips about how I like to make. The first thing I do is cut the 12" papers down into 6x6 squares. This makes them easier for me to work with and see all the patterns. 
If there is a sticker sheet I remove them and apply baby powder to their reverse side. The adhesive back sticks to the powder making them easy for me to arrange without them sticking to each other or anything else. 
I arrange the different elements on pieces of clear plastic the same size as my card face. I can arrange the pieces and experiment with different pattern paper backgrounds before adhering them in place.
Too much busy pattern going on? Break up your papers with mostly solids, and busy prints. This makes it easier for your eye to see the different papers and keeps your images from fighting for attention. 
Add some adhesive foam tape to the back of your elements. The extra dimension helps the images pop and gives your cards an expensive feel and look. You can make your own foam tape by applying double sided adhesive sheets to craft foam sheets. 
You can find this amazing kit and lots more ideas for makes - either cards or page layouts - here at My Creative Scrapbook! Click here to go shopping!
Hugs!



All cards finished size 4.25 x 5.5"
My Creative Scrapbook July 2020 Creative Kit

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Layer upon layer of CUTE!!

Denise Bryant said...

Fun kit! Love the cute critters... the sloths are just adorable! Fun bold colors for the designs too... love your cards!