Friday, May 5, 2017

Tupelo Designs LLC - Colorblock Bird

If you know me, then you know I'm addicted to die cuts.  When I had my latest urge to go splurging on crafty supplies at Tupelo Designs LLC I saw this pretty Sizzix / Tim Holtz Paper Bird die that I had to have!  I couldn't wait to play with it when I receive it yesterday! 

A Pretty die like this should never get covered up.  I mean.. it's a whole scene by itself isn't it?   My favorite way to showcase a die like this is with a color block background.

I trimmed a rainbow of 2" x 5.5" colorful strips and then cut them at an angle.  Next I adhered them all together.  I used washi so you could see how I attached them all. It doesn't matter what tape you use.  No one will see this side later. 

This die is quite large - I mounted mine on a 6.25 x 4.75" card base.  The fan shape I originally created wasn't big enough so I added the blue panels across the top.


Next I trimmed the panel to size, using the orange/yellow line down the center as a guide. 

I wanted to add some embellishment so I added white enamel dots to the flower centers I was originally grabbing for pearls, but lately I've been trying to keep my cards more "mailable".
I applied glue (Ranger Multi Medium) with a needle tip applicator.  I always keep some inexpensive cotton swabs from the dollar store handy to dab up any glue that seeps out.

I love all the bright bold color and the lacy look of the bird die.
I wanted to show you how nice this would look over a watercolor panel.  This isn't attached.. just an idea of what it would look like. 
Want to see my latest stash? First let me tell you about my favorite store! Tupelo Designs LLC offers an awesome "Loyalty Rewards Program". You will receive 500 points ($5.00) just for signing up, then you will continue to receive 2 pts for every $1 you spend. The points add up quickly and can be redeemed for FREE product ~ they also offer FREE SHIPPING with no minimum purchase requirement and without a required Discount Code! That is the biggest perk for me because I LOVE Free shipping!! Be sure to check out the Tupelo Designs LLC site for more information.
Here's my latest stash of goodies.. I love that Tupelo Designs LLC has lots of my favorite brands to choose from.(Reverse Confetti, Lawn Fawn, WPlus9, Concord &9th and so many more).  Here's what I got...

Altenew Adore You stamp set and coordinating dies
Altenew Painted Jellyfish Die
Gina Marie Crab die 
Hero Arts Color Layering Koi and coordinating frame cuts dies
Waffle Flower Stitched Roses
Waffle Flower Stitched Scallops and Floss Bobbins dies




Finished Size 6.25 x 4.75"
Die | Sizzix Time Holtz Paper Cut Bird



No comments: