Wednesday, May 31, 2017

12 Kits of Occasions - Happiness Is Homemade

It's the last day of the month! Wow May has gone fast! The kids are out of school and the sun is shining! Summer is here at last!! The last day of the month for means it's time for me to reveal what I made with my kit from The 12 Kits of Occasions.

We're a group of 12 friends who love to paper craft. Every month we take turns putting together a kit for the rest of the group. On the last day of the month we share what we made. It's fun to see how our projects are the same or very different!

Our hostess this month is Birgit Norton from Crafting While I Wait blog! Birgit's kit is themed "Happiness is Homemade". It's a loving tribute to her mom who passed away two years ago. Birgit filled the kit with things her mom loved.. cooking for her family, quilting, and spring flowers. She touched my heart with the heartfelt note about her mom, and I hope I did her proud!

She filled the kit with images from Clearly Besotted and Papertrey Ink; die cuts from Impression Obsession, My favorite Things and Poppystamps: beautiful Bo Bunny "Kiss The Cook" papers, and loads of embellishments. I'm always telling you to keep your eye out for my "tricky" ingredient. Looking at what's left I see lots of brads - they're in a rainbow of colors with different shaped heads. I'm anxious to see where the other designers used them!

I had lots of fun with this kit.. it made me think of my Grandmother who must have had lots in common with Birgit's Mom!   I got SIX (6) cards made!  Here goes... 


I hope you'll hop on over to The 12 Kits of Occasions Blog where you'll find a sample from each of the designers playing along today.  We're trying to give away a kit every month now to a lucky winner because we'd love to have you join us!  You'll have to leave a comment on the blog to enter to win.  Click here to jump to The 12 Kits of Occasions Blog!





All cards finished size 4.25" x 5.5"

Everyday Blessings
Stamps | Papertrey Ink Still Life Summer | My Favorite Things Cheerful Blessings
Dies | Papertrey Ink Still Life Summer | My Favorite Things Cheerful Blessings | Elisabeth Craft Designs Apron, Gina Marie Designs Stitched Scalloped Nested Squares
Pattern Paper | Bo Bunny "Kiss The Cook"

Stitched Hello
Stamps | Papertrey Ink Button Boutique, Hanging By A Thread, Regency Era 2014 SAF,
Dies | Neat & Tangled Hoop | Papertrey Ink Hanging By A Thread
Pattern Paper | Bo Bunny "Kiss The Cook"

Hello
Stamps | Papertrey Ink Just Desserts, Tulip Time | My Creative Time Fun Notes
Dies | Papertrey Ink Just Desserts, Tulip Time |My Creative Time Fun Notes
Pattern Paper | Bo Bunny "Kiss The Cook"

Just A Note
Stamps | Clearly Besotted Sunshine & Smiles | My Creative Time Fun Notes
Dies | Clearly Besotted Sunshine & Smiles | Penny Black Border Edger | My Creative Time Fun Notes | Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Border
Pattern Paper | Bo Bunny "Kiss The Cook"


The Sweetest
Stamps | Clearly Besotted Recipe for Love, Papertrey Ink Just Desserts |
Dies | Clearly Besotted Recipe for Love
Pattern Paper | Simple Stories SN@P! Color Vibe Lights

Tulip Thanks
Stamps | PTI Tulip Time
Dies | Impression Obsession Thanks

16 comments:

Aileen said...

Wow stunning collection of cards, what a brilliant kit this month. You must love every moment when you open the kit and see all this lovelyness.

Birgit said...

Eeep! I'm so excited about seeing your cards today Jeanne. I just knew you'd blow my mind and you did! I don't even know where to begin... Your first card is so colorful and fun. I love that you paired the fruit with the apron. It is absolutely darling and so is the stitched card. The cross stitch hello is an awesome addition to that wonderfully layered card. I am swooning over the cake card and your use of those two patterned papers. That is totally SWEET and so you. <3 I love that you left the flowers uncolored on the Just A Note card. What a great layout and that little pick holding the banner is such a fun touch. Honestly Jeanne, you think of everthing! What a great way to use all those tools on the baking card too. I just knew I'd leave here incredibly inspired! And let's not forget your fabulous tulip card which is so sweet! Thank you so much for letting me join your amazing group. This has been so fun seeing my first kit being used by all you talented ladies. My heart is full! <3

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my goodness Jeanne...I can't even pick a favorite from all your FABULOUS cards! Each one is absolutely perfect!! You definitely made fantastic use from all the elements in Birgit's kit, and I am so glad I held back and didn't use all my supplies so I can CASE some of your beautiful work! (I keep going back to your pink and red card with all the baking utensils...something SO striking about the pick and red together and I just LOVE it!!) I am so honored once again to be playing alongside all of you talented ladies this month...you really do WOW me! Thanks so much for all the wonderful inspiration Jeanne!! :0)

Michele K. Henderson said...

Jeanne, I love this collection of cards! Each one is so cute! I love the little aprons, and the cross stitch look of the fruit! So genius! Brilliant as usual!
Take care!
Michele

Nancy Penir said...

Good Morning Jeanne! Adore each and every amazing detail. So excited to still have my embroidery hoop left over. Can't wait to case that card! Loving your layering on that one. The sweet red and white polka dot apron with all the kitchen tools has to be my favorite. Love it on the pink bg! All beautiful cards. But have to say, just love the sweet way you welcome your visitors. I ALWAYS learn so much from you!

Unknown said...

Each and every one of these is just simply stunning! You honored Birgit's Mother and her kit beautifully! I'm sure they're both so very proud! Gorgeous, gorgeous Jeanne!!

Lindsey said...

Jeanne, these are beautiful!! I love your cross stitch card! I tried to combine all four of those die cuts on a card but for the life of me could not get it to work. Yours turned out beautifully! Wishing I could CASE your birthday card, and love how the cake looks against a black background. Oh, these are all just so lovely!

Darnell said...

How great that this fabulous kit of Birgit's reminds you of your grandma, Jeanne! You made six sweet vintage cards that made me smile!! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

Yep... give the girl a kit full of pattern papers and watch her fly!!! OH, Jeanne! You've pieced, paired, and layered perfectly ... no surprise there ... every card is a masterpiece! xx
=]

Marybeth said...

I do not even know where to start...... Jeanne! I was thinking the first card was my favorite then I kept picking more you did one heck of a job designing your cards with this darling kit! I fell in love with the pink card that has all the kitchen items on it! Love them all sweet friend!

Nora Noll said...

These are adorable!! I LOVE all the pretty layering you did and the colors you chose. FABULOUS design on each and every card!!

Lisa Elton said...

Layered in so much prettiness as I knew they would be!! I think my favorite is the one with all of the kitchen gadgets and the chevron paper. I still have all of those little gems...I see a CASE in my future!!

Sharron said...

Goodness, I knew you would create amazing cards with Birgit's kit. Love them all!! That apron is the most darling image and it's looks wonderful with the fruits. Love what you did with the cross stitch items. The doily is such a great addition. Wonderful papers to use with the cake too. Your flower designs are so pretty and I adore all the cooking elements layered together on the sweet birthday card!

Karen said...

Love the effective layering on your cards this month. It's so much fun to hop around and see how diverse the cards are with the same kit!

Kim Heggins said...

As always you have so many beautiful cards...love them all. You always know just the right way to add all those incredible little details. Your second card is my favorite...love how you arranged all those sweet sewing items, just beautiful.

Tracey McNeely said...

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love to come and visit your 12 Kits posts Jeanne! You always use so many elements of the kit on your cards and yet they NEVER look cluttered. Just fresh and happy!