Thursday, May 25, 2017

Fusion Card Challenge - What's Up Cupcake?


So how are you doing today? I'm keeping busy! Life calls me outdoors this time of year. I'm starting to take trips to the greenhouses. I love looking around at all the different flowers.  I'm drawn to them just like a bee.   My son pulled out all the glazed pots and filled them with top soil so all I have to do is fill them up with colorful annuals and point where I want them.  When he gets older and decides to leave home I'll have to bribe him with a home cooked dinner to do this for me every year!  

A new challenge begins today at Fusion Card Challenge!  This one is called Chalkboard Baking.  I love all the elements in the inspiration photo.. a cupcake, hearts, baking pan etc.  I also love the sketch too so I decided to fuse the elements together for my card.  You don't have to do this.. you can work with just the sketch or just the inspiration photo if you like.
I couldn't bring myself to do a chalkboard card.  You know I love my bright colors, (and this one sure has lots)  so I added some accents in black here and there. 
I used different Poppystamps dies to add baking elements to my card.  The Baking Spoons and Bowls die is filled with a fluff of frosting from the small Stitched Cupcake die. 
This is the larger Stitched Cupcake in the die set.
I thought it would be fun to have the bunny from the Poppystamps Cupcake Party stamp set holding a baking pan.  The cupcakes are playfully tossed in the air on this colorful card. 
The sentiment is stamped vertically along the Pretty Pink Posh stitched border edge.

Want to see more projects inspired by the sketch/inspiration photo?  It's going to be a bakers delight I think!  Just click here to hop on over to Fusion Card Challenge from the rest of the team!   I sure hop you join us!





Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps |  Poppystamps Cupcake Party
Dies | Poppystamps Cupcake Party, Baking Spoons and Bowls, Stitched Cupcakes, Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders, Spellbinder Petite Scallop Circles, Circles
Pattern Paper | Crate Paper Cute Girl 6"
Sequins | Pretty Pink Posh


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness , how CUTE is this!! Sweet design Jeanne!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so cute! Love the baker bunny and the bright colors!

Karren said...

This is so adorable, Jeanne! The bunny holding the muffin tin is just too cute and the bright colors are perfect!

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is adorable Jeanne! I love how cute the little bunny looks!