Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Mermaid Kisses

Hi friends!  I hope you're doing good today!   I'm doing ok!   I did a little running around this morning looking for a watercolor block.. you know ... watercolor paper that is adhered on all four sides so you dont have to tape it to a board?  I couldn't find any at Michaels, Joanns or Hobby Lobby.  I guess I'll have to let my fingers do the walking.   

Still a little time to spare to make something today before I get started on dinner.  You know I love a sketch challenge and I found this one CAS Colours & Sketches.  This sketch looked like fun so I got to work!  
I cut my panel in half like the sketch and made the bottom half surf using the Reverse Confetti Scallop Cover Panel, and the top half sun using the Reverse Confetti Sunburst Cover Panel.

I like to add details to designs to make them come to life.  I added more die cut circles to the center of the die cut panel to create a sun.  I also added gems to the seashell and the flower in the mermaid's hair. 

I cut a few extra waves from gold glitter paper to add some sparkle from the sunshine on the water.

I didn't notice it before but the mermaid is the same colors as the background! LOL! 

Memorial Day is just around the corner.. that means summer is officially here in the Chicago area!  It's time to start planning a trip to the beach! 



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti  Mermaid Kisses
Dies | Reverse Confetti  Mermaid Kisses, Detailed Circles, Flowers For Mom, Scalloped Cover Panel, Sunburst Cover Panel

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, this is as cute as can be Jeanne! I like the little bit of sparkly gold you added!!

Sharron said...

Such an adorable little mermaid! Love the great background you created using the two cover panels! The added sparkle is wonderful.

karen h said...

Wonderful card; awesome die work. I love the gold scales! Thanks for sharing your work with us at CC&S!

samantha's cards said...

I LOVE this card, wonderful take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at CC&S.

Patricia Hays said...

What a cheery and fun take on our sketch! I love the layered dies. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at CC&S! I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge. :)

Beverley said...

What a beautiful, happy and sunshine card. LOVE your use of dies and beautiful coloured mermaid. Apologies for being so late coming by to comment and thanks for joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x