Thursday, May 18, 2017

The Card Concept - Vintage Notes

Hello my crafty friends! I'm playing along with the Card Concept Blog Challenge today! I saw this beautiful vintage photograph and it started all sorts of different ideas going through my head. It actually brought me back a few years.. to when I started blogging. Vintage looks like this were very popular. Maybe you don't know what I mean.. today everything seems so clean and fresh.. bright colors, graphic designs and so much white space. But I remember when I started blogging there seemed to be lots of browns, distressed edges, lace and a bow on just about everything. I can't tell you the last time I used my Antique Linen ink.. but there was a time when it never left my desk top.
I tried to incorporate lots of different elements from this design on my card - music notes, vintage paper, a butterfly, some lace and some buttons.
I am going to classify the style of this card as Collage. I was originally thinking Shabby Chic, but I'm not sure my bright butterfly will fit that description.

I started with vintage looking papers from Authentique. These are from the Harmony 6" pad. I added lots of trims - some May Arts lace, Stampin' Up! Buttons, and a trinket pin from Tim Holtz.
I adhered the butterfly to a Reverse Confetti Stamped Note Confetti Cut. Vintage always makes me think of my dads stamp collection.

The beautiful butterfly is from Reverse Confetti Butterfly Dreams Stamp set. I used my stamping tool to stamp this image in distress ink several times. I inked the center with Tumbled Glass, then added some accents of Blueprint Sketch, and Gathered Twigs. I think this gives the modern looking butterfly a more vintage look and more closely resembles the blue butterfly in the inspiration photo.
Want to play along? Click here to jump to The Card Concept blog! And.. Have a great day!!




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Reverse Confetti Butterfly Dreams
Dies | Reverse Confetti Butterfly Dreams, Lacy Scallop Circles, Stamped Note
Pattern Paper | Authentique Harmony 6"
Twine | The Twinery Gold Shimmer Twine
Lace | May Arts
Buttons | Stampin' Up!
Metal Accents | Tim Holtz Trinket Pin, Min Clip

5 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

This is absolutely beautiful Miss Jeanne...love your wonderful background and your butterfly steals the show! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh my goodness this is gorgeous!!!! Love the colors of the butterfly! And all of the different textures! Thanks so much for sharing it at the Card Concept!!!!
Hugs! Mackie

Nancy Penir said...

Jeanne, I so know what you mean about the vintage look of a few years ago. Loved piling on the trims. Your card is vintage but with a fresh breath of brightness! And your butterfly steals the show! So glad you were inspired to play along at the Card Concept with this incredible beauty!!!

Kelly S. said...

Gorgeous, Jeanne! I love how you colored the butterfly, amazing!

Susan Powell said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the colors of the butterfly! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.