Friday, April 15, 2016

TYIC#45 Butterfly Inspiration

TGIF!  I'm looking forward to the weekend.  Just got a call from the periodontist.. my gum biopsy is clear!   Whoo  Hoo!  I'm ready to kick back and enjoy some fine spring weather in the Chicago area.

Actually I think it's going to be a long HARD weekend.  Spring means time to take stock of how all the plants made it through the winter - we had a few casualties.  A few of the posts on the fence are broken and need to be replaced.. grass cutting time (again!).  I won't be able to get the garden in until May when the threat of frost is gone - but everything else we can get started on now. 

Are you looking for a little fun "down time" this weekend?  Why not join us at Tag You're It Challenge?  This weeks inspiration is from sweet Carol Mayne!  There is so much to love about this beauty... the stencil background, dimension wings on the shiny dragon fly, and that dreamy distress background!
I haven't been using stencils as much as I should.  I really enjoyed making this one - daubing distress ink in three shades of orange on this pretty Garden Peonies Blossoms Stencil from Memory Box.  My finishing touch was a splatter of more distress ink that I watered down.
I decided my tag didn't need any coloring at all - it popped enough from the dark background that it didn't look lost.  That gave me a nice clean tag to stamp on.  The sentiment is from CAS-ual Fridays set "Breathe".

I wanted to switch it up a little from Carol's design so I changed the color of my stencil background to orange, and the dragonfly to butterflies.

I'm really happy with how the card turned out and hey look!  No pattern paper!

Are you ready to play?  You can see samples from the team and link up your designs here at the Tag You're It Challenge!  Have a wonderful weekend!





Finished Size: 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | CAS-ual Fridays Breathe
Dies | CAS-ual Fridays Tag Buddies | Poppystamps Lyndon Butterfly, Elsa Butterfly, Butterfly Sprinkles
Stencil | Memory Box Garden Peony Blossoms
Canson #140 Water Color Paper XL - Ranger Distress Ink


13 comments:

Donna said...

I adore the vibrancy of this tag card, Jeanne.
It's absolutely gorgeous. x

PS. I may be a little jealous!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful tag Jeanne! our stenciling background and the pretty butterflies! Yay for warmer weather, we are warming up here too finally but there it still snow to melt--it is disappearing fast though.

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful Jeanne, love the warm colors!!

BenteS said...

A gorgeous card with the beautiful bright colours!
The sentiment is so true :))

~amy~ said...

wow! LOVE.

Diane Jaquay said...

I'm a big fan of orange and this is absolutely GORGEOUS, Jeanne! Love the stenciling and splattering combined with the beautiful butterflies and sentiment, WOW!

MiamiKel said...

Be still my heart - this is one of the most elegant and gorgeously created cards I have seen in a LONG time! I'm in awe of the sheer beauty and pop of color! Oh and Hi Jeanne - I found your blog via Jill's and wow, new follower! I'm drooling! Your work is amazing.

Darnell said...

Your beautiful card is glowing with vibrant color, Jeanne! It is an amazing design!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

cm said...

First, happy dancing at the news that your biopsy is clear! I'm glad that weight has been removed and you can enjoy your Spring weather. I miss (as in exponentially miss!) having a yard and garden to putter in, so I'm having full on envy of the chores awaiting you (yes...I'm odd! Living in a townhouse, with no private yard...sighhhh. Someone is having 'sads' about that. I'm trying to adjust my attitude...really trying!). ANYWAY...I'm ecstatic over your stunning tag/card! The orange/red pairing is delicious; your stenciling, spectacular; your splatters, superb! A combination of the 'perfect' elements for you marvelous sentiment. Can you tell I love this? If not, I'll be really clear: I LOVE x LOVE this!
Hugs~c

Sharron said...

Fabulous stenciling design! And I love those pretty butterflies! I keep forgetting how far north you are compared to here. You should see our garden already--so much green growth!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous take on Carol’s beautiful card! NO patterned paper!!!...... you can do anything !

Jinny Newlin said...

So striking! Love your stencil work, and the bold, orange, monochromatic palette is perfect!

Kara Lynne said...

So glad to hear the biopsy was clear!! I love this card so much, Jeanne! That stenciled background is gorgeous and it frames your tag beautifully! I'm pinning this!