Thursday, April 7, 2016

Meet Ellie Elephant!

Hi! Jeanne here today with the Thursday Tip! This time it's simple - mix it up! Don't worry about mixing and matching papers and different elements from different collections - just mix them up! Since they're all printed by Pretty Little Studio they'll match every time! 
I used papers from the Birthday Cake and Silly Monkey Collections for my background. I always store my left over scraps in an envelope stored with the other papers from the collection. Small pieces are great for patchwork backgrounds, adding a simple border (like the black checked pattern on my card), making tabs or for die cutting words.
The sentiment is from the Birthday Cake Surprise Paper Ribbons - they're die cut and ready to use. You can find them on clearance now for only 25 cents!! Notice how the red ribbon sentiment perfectly matches the red in the background and the red ribbon on Ellie Elephant!

I adhered the die cuts with adhesive foam tape to add more dimension and make them pop off the page! The foam makes it easy to add other embellishments like the heart stick pin. I inserted it into the foam and then added the sentiment flag.

I love the vintage images from Pretty Little Studio - they remind me of shaped cards from my childhood and in a way I feel like I'm passing on some of my memories to a new generation.
Elephant-One
This one is sure to make a little in your life happy!

Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5”
Pretty Little Studio Products:
Die | Ellie Elephant
Paper | Silly Monkey | Birthday Cake
Paper Ribbons | Birthday Cake | Surprise
Heart Pin

9 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

It makes complete sense that that is your tip for today. You have always been the queen of coordinating papers and you always make the best cards!! Love this precious vintage elephant and you are correct, these images need to remain with new generations, they are way too cute not to!!
hugs,
Lisa x

~amy~ said...

super CUTE.

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne this is such a cute card, that ele!

Kara Lynne said...

What a sweet elephant! Your papers are perfect and I love the little heart stick pin too!

Lisa Elton said...

How cute is this!! Darling card Jeanne!

Diane Jaquay said...

Awww, how adorable!! I store my scraps like you do too, Jeanne :)

Unknown said...

I love this the elephant reminds me of images from the 60/ 70 he's so sweet Debbs x

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...she is just too darn cute. I love your sweet little elle!

Sharron said...

The expression on the sweet ellie is just precious--such a happy card!