Friday, April 1, 2016

SSCB#54 Spring Bouquet

Happy April!  No tricks here today  - just treats I hope!  LOL!   It's the first of the month so a new challenge begins today at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog!  This month we're asking you to add some embossing to your projects -  you can dry emboss with an embossing folder, heat emboss with some embossing powder (wax) or do some debossing.  Just make sure you include at least one Serendipity Stamps image on your project!   I'm still a bit under the weather.  I made a pretty spring bouquet to cheer myself up a bit.  Isn't that silly?  Spending time in my crafty room does make me feel better though.
The Spring Flower Pops are some of my favorites from Serendipity - the set includes a tulip, hyacinth, daffodil and lilly of the valley, as well as two different leaves.  There is also a matching die set to make it easy to cut them all out.

I love adding a little card to a flower bouquet - just like when you get a bunch delivered.  I used a Tim Holtz pin to hold my "Get Well" sentiment.
A little sparkle and shine never hurts either.  I colored the hyacinth with Copic markers, not even worrying about staying in the lines. Next a little squeeze of Glossy Accents and a sprinkle of glitter.
 
So have you figured out the embossing part yet?  I clear embossed the Beaded Strings Background on watercolor paper.  Then I watercolored the whole panel with Ranger Distress Antique Linen just to get it wet and give it an even coat.  Next I put some Gathered Twigs on my craft matt, spritzed it and dipped the panel in it.   For a little sparkle and shine I added some gold paint splotches.   I wasn't able to photograph them well, but they're there.  The Gold Shimmer Twinery Twine accents the gold in the background beautifully.
I used a half doily to add a little feminine touch and a sprinkle of wood look sequins in Bamboo and Mahogany.  I'm reaching for these neutral sequins so often I don't ever put them away.  I keep a little cup on my desk open so they're always handy! 



Want to go shopping?

  • The 50% off stamp of the month is the Adirondack Chair.
  • Since it's April Fool's Day we're having a special 1-Day “No Foolin’” sale. 50% Off coupon – “AprilFool” gives 50% off the highest priced item in the cart. Sale items included! 
  • All the Mini Grab Bags are 50% off too – but now is the time to splurge on something big from their wish list! 
Looking for some awesome inspiration? We have a very special guest this month too! Our good friend from the North (Canada) Sue McRae from Sue's Inky Fingers Blog! Sue has a clean and elegant style that is sure to inspire!  And here's links to our design team!


We sure hope that you join us this month at Serendipity Stamps Challenge blog!  Who knows?  You might be the lucky winner of a $20 gift certificate from the store! 

Have a great day! 








Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Serendipity Stamps Spring Flower Pops, Beaded Strings Background 
Dies | Serendipity Stamps Spring Flower Pops | Cheery Lynn French Pastry | Paper Smooches Flag Tags
Sequins | Serendipity Stamps
Twinery Gold Shimmer Twine
Tim Holtz Pin
Misc. Glitter

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

So pretty!!!

Patti said...

What a sweet card!! who ever gets this card will feel better for sure! : )

I love the bright and springtime feel of your card. Thanks for the tip on Serendipity's sale!! Time to shop!

Patti

Michele K. Henderson said...

Hi Jeanne! I love this pretty spring bouquet! Great color and design!
Take care!
Michele

Tracey McNeely said...

What a beautiful card and stamps Jeanne!

Joyce said...

Sorry you are still not feeling well, Jeanne. But, I love that you made yourself a get well card. Hope it does the trick. Your flowers are so very bright and cheery.

Sharron said...

Love your spring bouquet! I'm just so sorry that you aren't feeling well. Your card came together so beautifully. Our daffodils are just about finished. What's it like there? We had such a mild winter and of course you are quite a bit behind us. We even have crabtrees blooming!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

this would make anyone's day brighter!

Diane Jaquay said...

Gorgeous Spring flowers, and they look fabulous against the background you created!

Marybeth said...

Looks like I missed this one. Its beautiful and I love the shimmer on the flowers and in the gold twine! So pretty!

Vickie Z said...

Love these flowers!! Have to say I was working ahead before I left for my dad's surgery and I also used this background stamp to emboss on two cards.... Great minds :) Love this card... Bright and beautiful as always! Congrats on the new DT gigs...you're rockin' it!!