Wednesday, April 13, 2016

SPDSS49 - You Blow Me Away!


Another busy week for me!  I had my dental biopsy yesterday - just a few stitches and a sore mouth, but I'm not complaining.  Just wanted to let you know what I've been up too - or why I'm a little MIA this week.   I'm still enjoying my crafty time - it's relaxing and keeps my mind focused on other things! 

It's Wednesday so it's time for a new sketch at Sugar Pea Designs!  This is a new release week so you're going to want to see all the new goodies!  I know they've got me itching to go shopping.  Play along with our challenge and maybe you will have a shopping spree on us!  One entry from the monthly sketches will be selected to win a $75 gift certificate to the shop!   A new sketch is every Wednesday - you only have to play one to be entered.  The more times you join us with the weekly sketch, the more times you are entered for the draw!  Here's the new sketch!   

Sugar Pea Designs has two design teams - one to show you the new releases, and one that provides samples for the weekly sketches.  You're going to have lots of eye candy today because both teams are working today.  We're showing new releases, and samples for this week's sketch.
This sketch is really easy to work with and any image (or sentiment) from the sets will work well for this one - making the circle in the center the focal point.  The sketch makes it really easy to help you figure out what to put where.  Remember it's just a guideline - you don't have to stick to the shapes or elements on the sketch.
For example.. the sketch has the little flags directly on the circle. I moved them up and out of the way so they don't cover my design. My little dragon is from the Blow Me Away stamp set. I colored the image with copic markers and added some Glossy accents to fill in the bubbles. A few more clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh makes them look like they are floating off the page!
I wanted the big bubble with the dragon to pop so I cut a second circle from orange card stock and slightly offset it.  

The pop of orange is repeated throughout the design.   The Zig Zag Stitched Circles die adds a pretty cut pattern along the edge of the die cut. 
I love the fun sentiments with this set!   The flags at the top of the page were cut with the Stitched Flags set.  I cut them from pattern paper that would contrast with the base color.   I stapled them with bitty staples to tack them in place!
Ready to see more?  Here's a list of the Challenge Design Team members.

Click here to jump to the Sugar Pea Blog where you can check out the new release and see samples from the new release design team! 











Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Sugar Pea Designs Blow Me Away
Dies | Sugar Pea Designs Zig Zag Stitched Circles, Stitched Flags | Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders, MFT Fishtail Flags
Pattern Paper | Simple Stories So Rad 12"
Twinery Midnight Blue Twine
Pretty Pink Posh Clear Droplets
Misc. | Button | Tim Holtz Mini Stapler

7 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Absolutely so sweet Jeanne! I have that stamp set and it has never seen ink--time to change that!

Nora Noll said...

This is ADORABLE!!! I love that image and the colors you used with him are fantastic.

Karren said...

This image is so cute - it makes me smile whenever I see it! And your card is a fabulous way to showcase him.

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE how the clear droplets continue off the circle!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love the pops of orange and the clear droplets on your very pretty card!

Jinny Newlin said...

How cute is this?! What a great image, and I adore your mix of prints, not to mention that perfect, little, zig-zag edge!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Everything about your card makes me smile - gorgeous!!