Thursday, April 28, 2016

Fusion Card Challenge - Sweet Orange Blossom

Well Hi There!  LOL!  I hope you're having a great day!   A new challenge begins today at Fusion Card Challenge!  Isn't this pretty?  It's called "Sweet Orange Blossom"  It's Fusion so you can work with either the inspiration photo OR the sketch - and if you're feeling clever you can FUSE both together.  

I'm always trying to put the two things together.  I love that hummingbird - seeing one in my garden is always magical.  If there is someone close by I always grab their arm and point so they see it too!  Maybe that way I have a witness that it was really there!?  They move about so fast - a blink of an eye and they're gone! 

I do have a trumpet vine - just like the one in the photo - in my garden that gets visited regularly - and it's always a treat to see the hummingbirds visiting! 
You know I normally embrace orange, but this time I thought I'd mix it up with some purple and blue flowers.  
I saw the line that went down the side of the sketch and decided to widen it.  I water colored a strip of green - using Ranger inks - smooshing technique.  I wanted the green to be blotchy darks and lights.  Then cut a panel of white, stamped it with the sentiment and adhered it to the card with foam for dimension.
I splattered the white base with some of the ink left on my matt before adhering the die cut stamped leaves and flowers.  Those clean white spaces still bother me - better to get them a little inky!
I have a few hummingbird dies in my collection.  This one is from Memory Box - the Forest Hummingbird.   The pretty flowers are from WPlus9 -  Spring Blooms.
Ready to see more beautiful designs from the Fusion Challenge team?  Just click on their names below to jump to their blog!

I sure hope you will join us for this one.  Click here to jump to the Fusion Card Challenge page. 











Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | WPlus9 Spring Blooms, Strictly Sentiments 2
Dies | WPlus9 Spring Blooms | Memory Box Forest Hummingbirds
Ranger Distress Ink

14 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Pure spring delight Jeanne. Loving the pretty flowers and birdie.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Unknown said...

SO pretty!! Love the bright happy colors of the flowers!!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty, Jeanne!! The flowers and design are fabulous, and the black bird makes this really stand out!

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet card Jeanne...just love all your beautiful flowers.

Michele K. Henderson said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Jeanne! I love this bright, smooth color and this fun color palette! I am in AWE!
Take care!
Michele

sandie said...

Such an amazing job of fusing the sketch and photo. Love how pretty the colours of the flowers are and then the bold hummingbird, fab card x

Sharron said...

Oh, Jeanne! I am so in LOVE with this card!! Are you surprised? I never saw this hummingbird before and have already added it to my cart at SSS. I have a lot of WPlus9 stamps but passed on this floral set. I think you have changed my mind! You've been doing so many fantastic cards and I have sadly been way behind leaving comments. I'm slowing getting caught up!

Patti said...

Oh Yeah!! Jeanne great minds think alike! I love your design! so many beautiful elements just like in nature!! the hummingbird in silhouette is the perfect touch!

Thank you so much for all your sweet comments on my blog! you made my day : )

Patti

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Jeanne! I like the hummingbird silhouette!!

crucibelle said...

Wowwowwow... This card is seriously pure perfection! Can't stop looking at it! <3

Julia Aston said...

what a great design with your colorful layered flowers and the stark black of the hummingbird!

Karren said...

Beautiful card, Jeanne, and a fabulous fusion!

cm said...

You've captured nature's beauty most marvelously with your charming hummingbird and floral scene! Gorgeous...no hummingbirds here (or very rarely...too cold, I suspect).
Hugs~c

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful combination of the challenge graphics, Jeanne! Love that split panel, and your colorful blooms are fabulous!