Friday, April 29, 2016

Pretty Little Studio Friday Feature - Labels - Two of A Kind

Happy Friday! It's time for our Friday Feature!! That's right! Every Friday we select a product to show off and share ideas on ways to use it. Today's feature is LABELS! You can see all the store Labels Here! And just a heads up.. THERE ARE LOTS to choose from! I'm a card maker so lots of times I use labels to add sentiments to cards. Today I cut up a sheet of Treasure Island Pirate Cove labels to incorporate into the background. I love embellishing and for me.. YES! MORE is MORE!!
I started with a background of pattern paper from the Treasure Island Collection. I cut a sheet of colorful stripes (Magic Island) for the card base, and then a slightly smaller panel of the wood grain (Ship Deck Crumbles) allowing the stripes show all around the card. Next I added the labels with adhesive foam tape for dimension. Let the layering begin!
I started with selecting the images of the kids - I needed to find two mini die cuts that would work together well with the layout. I found the boy "Jack Silver Tooth" Mini Vintage die cut - but had to find him a friend! Julia Shiny Buckles was the perfect mate! I actually didn't have that die cut, but I did have the Nautical Girls Sticker Sheet with the very same image. Since I wanted to use the sticker as more of a die cut I added a little baby powder to the back to remove some of the adhesive so I could place her wherever I wanted without worrying about ripping the sticker if I decided to move it. 
Now that my images were selected it was easy to decide on a sentiment and the other embellishments. The Valentine Words Sticker Sheet is loaded with lots of words that are perfect for journaling and can easily double as sentiments. They fit beautifully on tabs as well as labels from Pretty Little Studio.
For the embellishments I added two shiny flairs - the anchor is from the Anchor's Away set, and the "P is for Parrot" is from the Discover Treasure set. I love a little sparkle so I added some Ocean Blue confetti. Each bag of confetti has a great mix of elements - double sided die cut stars, star sequins, and blue sequins. 
Super cute Aye Matey? Ready to play with some labels? I hope this makes you see them in a new way! 


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Pretty Little Studio Products:
Labels | Cut Apart | Pirate Cove
Pattern Paper | Treasure Island | Magic Island | Ship Deck Crumbles
Die Cut | Mini | Jack Silver Tooth
Stickers | Nautical Girls | Valentine Words
Flair | Anchor's Away | Discover Treasure
Confetti | Ocean Blue

3 comments:

Nora Noll said...

What a fun way to use labels!! I adore them and have oh so many. I need to get them out and use them!!

cm said...

Arrgghhh, matey, this is one stellar pirate-themed card that has me smiling with delight! Love the two little pirates, and how cute is that parrot! Fun!
hugs~c

Jinny Newlin said...

So, stinkin' fun! Love what you've done with those labels, and your images are priceless! I need to do a little shopping over there, but my creative funds always fall short.