Monday, April 25, 2016

Teacher Appreciation at The Twinery!

It's Teacher Appreciation week and The Twinery is sharing little ways to give a special thanks to the ones who spend time helping our children grow - TEACHERS! I can't tell you how many times teacher has saved the day - encouraging my kids to give it their all and make them feel capable enough to get it done. They go the extra mile every day and here's a simple way to say thanks.
I'm a card maker so of course I started thinking of clever ways to add a gift card or some cash to a card. I made a simple pocket card - easy peasy! There's lots of room to slip in photos, a little note, or even a chocolate bar.
The front of the card has a tag embellished with lots of school themed elements - A+ for Teacher - an apple (of course), a gold star (yes please!), and a shiny button. I topped the tag with some Denim Twinery Twine - the perfect accent for all my projects.
I wrapped twine around the base of the card with Twinery Solid Natural Twine before I topped it with the tag. The tag is raised - it's adhered with adhesive foam tape, so the twine is free to run from side to side and still keep the card flat. Here's the completed card ready to give! I know teacher will be happy to receive this one! 
Stop by The Twinery throughout the week for more teacher appreciation ideas!


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Project features Twinery Twine in Solid Natural and Denim
Stamps | Reverse Confetti  Class Act
Dies | Reverse Confetti Class Act, Tag Me Too! | Cheery Lynn French Pastry Doily | MFT Fishtail Flags
Pattern Paper | Echo Park For The Record 2
Gingham Fabric Tape | Maya Road
Misc. | Button | Glitter Star Paper Studio | Wood Clip

3 comments:

richardbreaks said...

Jeanne, this is so wonderful. I'm loving the blues, with the pops of red and yellow, and all your frou fras on the tag really add so much life!
I'm thinking that's going to be one happy teacher. I really like this so much.

Kim Heggins said...

Just fabulous...what a sweet way to say thank you to a teacher.

Marybeth said...

Love the mix and layers on this one ! I think you are a class act!