Monday, August 27, 2012

Claire Don't Worry - Be Happy!

As you may or not know, Waltzingmouse recently issued a new release of stamps.  Due to unforeseen circumstances from the manufacturer shipments have been delayed for 3 weeks or so.  I know we are all disappointed that our orders have been cancelled, and that we won't be able to get our hands on these lovelies for a little while longer.   
 
Most of all I know Claire's heart must be broken - these are her babies after all.  And I know she would never want to disappoint us in any way.  A fellow blogger, and Waltzingmouse fan,  Nerina from A Creative Inkling, came up with a fantastic idea to honor Claire.   Nerina is asking for a show of solidarity - that fellow Waltzingmouse fans consider making something to honor Claire for her creativity, kindness, and honest to goodness integrity.   If you'd like to participate or see some of the projects from other friends of Waltzingmouse who feel the same way you can get all the details here.
I thought this sentiment was appropriate for the circumstances. I know Claire will shine through this, and that the stamps will be worth the wait. Cheers to you Claire!

Hugs!
Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size;  6" x 6"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse:  Vintage Labels 10, Afternoon Tea Sentiments, Dainty Doilies 2, Afternoon Tea
Stampin Up Island Indigo, Papertrey Ink:  Stampers Select White, Raspberry FIzz, Vintage Cream
Anna Griffin Designer Scrapbook Cardstock
Die Cuts, Spellbinders Labels 10, Cheery Lynn Polynesian Sails Oval, Couture Creations Jewel Collection Lily G
Lace and Button Twine Waltzingmouse
Roses:  IamRoses.com
Seam Binding:  Hug Snug Elegant Peacock Blue, Noble Peacock
Ink: Momento Rose Bud, Teal Zeal, Stampin Up Pink Pirouette, Pretty In Pink, Versafine Onyx Black
Gems

23 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

I really like the two different doilies layered over the lace Jeanne...the pretty rosebud was a pretty touch to use with this tea-themed card. I love that sentiment. Claire will love this card.

Nerina said...

What a DELIGHTFUL card! I love all of the beautiful details you've included - especially the two hanging tags (they remind me of tea bag tags :0)! Thank you for making a card for Claire - I have to agree, she will shine through this!

Marybeth said...

Jeanne , I wish I had your gift of writing. Very well said. Gorgeous card , and even more beautiful bow. You chose a perfect sentiment. Love the doiley with the sails in it. Claire will love your beautiful card.

Suzanne said...

Oh Jeanne! What a PERFECT sentiment! I adore it! I love the quilted background and all the bright colors. Beautiful, as always!

Jinny Newlin said...

What an absolutely beautiful way to honor Claire, Jeanne! This is just stunning! LOVE your bold color palette and your delicious, layered, focal point! Yum!

Joyce said...

This is the absolute perfect card for Claire. So many incredible details and layers, such thought and care that you took. And, that sentiment is just right.

Pauline said...

Such a beautiful and vibrant card Jeanne, I love the wonderful layers, and pretty seam binding bow. Gorgeous as always!

NanaConnie said...

Stunning, Jeanne! What an incredible sentiment. Lovely flower embellies and great bow. I really want to learn to tie those multi-loop bows. :-D

Lisa Minckler said...

Now I've been all over and read all the blogs and I think I'm spun up on the situation; which totally stinks, BUT, like you said, she is a strong lady and she really continues to sing. This card is perfect for her. Nicely done Jeanne. :)

Vickie Z said...

Ahhhh....there are the Cheery Lynn dies (two), bow, and flowers, LOL!!!! Gorgeous card and perfect sentiment! Hoping to get a chance to make a card for Claire myself!!!

Maria said...

A gorgeous card to honor Claire! Fabulous focal point with beautiful bright colors! Love the ribbon treatment, too! Great job...love it!

Ren-Yi said...

Oh this is so true! isn't Claire just lucky to have someone like you to cheer her up. Bold lovely colors and the perfect sentiment. i love how you used your doily too as a background stamp. i should really think of doing that too! Tfs and thank you for your lovely comment this week - so sweet of you to stop by!

Plastic cards said...

So beautiful card. Looking gorgeous design with the perfect colors. I really appreciate this. Thanks for sharing this.

Nicecrane Designs said...

Love it, love it, love it, love it,,,I adore these die cuts and all voer the funny tags,,,,they inspired me....And the best those vibrant colors........wow,wwoww..Thanks for your comments to Alice mini album at Lisa S. blog so fee free to ask me your favo product from my stuff on except save-packs , email me to nicecrane@yahoo.com

Lynn Mercurio said...

Love this creation...such a perfect sentiment and the addition of the two hanging tags is such a cute little detail. Awesome job!

Clare said...

Just stunning, I love the vibrant colors and beautiful details! Congrats on your PC cover too! That's wonderful news!!

Marlena M. said...

This is perfect~the sentiment, the embellies, the paper...everything!

Marybeth said...

Hey , Jeanne! Congrats again for making the cover of Paper Crafts! I went looking for it the other day, I hope to pick up my copy today!

sooofullofcraft said...

Well spoken and a beautiful and appropriate card! I can only imagine that Claire is singing despite this snaffu.

Anne-Elise said...

What a gorgeous card for Claire! Love it!

Unknown said...

I've been flitting about like a bee all week, I can't believe I didn't see this till now Jeanne, thank you, and all the ladies, you are so kind, this is a super lift in the middle of all the mess!! Thank you!!

Charmaine Stack said...

Love the bows... The flowers... The tags... The doilies... Oh my, you packed a lot of wonderfulness into one card!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely stunning, full of so many wonderful details! I just love the layers and tiny tags. Fab!