Friday, August 17, 2012

WMSC111 Reindeer Games



Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge BlogHi and thanks for stopping by to check out my post for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.  The design this week is by Design Team member Julia Aston.  Julia is always clever and creative and I think this design is a good example of that.  She did a good job motivating me to stamp a background - something I don't usually do but I don't really have a good reason why.    I bought the Heirloom Patterns set about two months ago so when I read "stamp background here"  I knew exactly which background it was going  to be.  I love the herringbone pattern on this set created by Anya Schrier!!  


While I'm at it, I am going to confess that I haven't been doing so good keeping to my Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenge resolution.  All you have to do is make one card a month and there are some big prizes to be had!!   The good news is that it is never too late to start participating!  You can go back to any month you missed and enter your creation.



Just for fun

Every month Lynn Mercurio challenges us to make a specific type of Christmas card and enter it in the WM challenge gallery.    The challenge for June (I'm not too far behind!!)  was to create a  card with stitching - could be real, could be stamped.  I used the stitched reindeer from Nordic Winter on my design.  I love a bit of sparkle to anything for the holidays so I matted my design on a silver glitter paper.  I added a crystal heart charm tied  with a bit of clear fishing line to keep it invisible, and the final touch was a tiny red gem on the flower above my sentiment.   And yes that is velvet ribbon! 
  

Thanks for stopping by for a look.  I hope you will find some time this week to play along!  Maybe get a little caught up on your Christmas Card resolution too!!

Hugs!
Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  5" x 7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Holiday Labels 14, Heirloom Patterns, Nordic Winter
Dies:  Spellbinder Labels 14
Paper: Papertrey Ink:  Vintage Cream, Silver Glitter DCWV
Ink:  Stampin Up Real Red, Momento Rich Cocoa
5/8" Red Double Face Satin, 7/8" Red Velvet Ribbon, Silver Trim, Silver Lame Thread
Extras:  Gem, Crystal Heart, Fishing Line

13 comments:

Marybeth said...

I love your stamped background,beautiful! I found lots of inspration form this card Jeanne. Love the red bow and tiny charm.

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Jeanne, I love the large houndstooth with the Nordic reindeer, such a striking card!

The Paper Parade said...

Jeanne, this card is seriously cool! I love the huge red houndstooth, the sweet stamp, and that blue twiney stuff is awesome!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful Christmas card. Those reindeer are the perfect focal point. I love your stamped background, too.

NanaConnie said...

Oooo, more of those cross stitch stamps! I love those and this is such a terrific card, Jeanne. Fabulous icy blue trim and the crystal heart is magnificent.

Kate said...

WHat a gorgeous card. Love the red and aqua together. Seriously love the matting with the glitter card. Love the image, the ribbons and adore the crystal gem.

Vickie Z said...

That herringbone always makes me smile and in red (be still my heart!) Fabulous label and those reindeer...crystal gem....eeeek!

Kim Heggins said...

So fabulous Jeanne...that silver with the red, a very classy Christmas card. Love your added touches of the silver thread and the crystal heart.

Sharron said...

I need to CASE this card!! LOVE it! The design, the red & silver, the sparkle & velvet and the wonderful Nordic Winter image are all so fabulous! GREAT Christmas card!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is so elegant and stylish! Perfect Christmas card!
Hugs, Karin

Julie S said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the texture and you're background turned out fabulously.

Where have I been? This is the first I've heard of the Christmas card challenge. I'm REALLY behind.

Lisa Minckler said...

Ohhh boy, you've given me tons of ideas here! Jeanne, you AWE me! :)

Unknown said...

Love your striking hounds tooth dp Jeanne for the backdrop. This is a wonderful Christmas card and love the WMS stamp you used. :-) TFS! Hugs