Friday, August 3, 2012

WMSC109 - Happy Anniversary



Happy Saturday!  I hope everyone is having a fantastic summer!  I know these are supposed to be the quiet lazy days of the year, but most of us are keeping busy enjoying time with family and the warm weather outdoors.    It's August so things will be back to normal soon, the kids will be back in school and there will be more quiet time to get things done.  In the meantime grab a cup of coffee (or if your like me a big glass of iced tea) and see what Waltzingmouse has in store for you this week!

Maybe you will have time to sneak off like me to play along with the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.  The design this week is by Design Team Member Bonnie Sharp.  It has lots of room to feature your favorite Waltzingmouse Stamp front and center.  I chose the beautiful embroidered heart from Nordic Spring and made an Anniversary card in a soft blue that could easily double as a wedding congratulations or a sweet valentine.  I dressed it up with a pretty Cheery Lynn Doily, a silk flower,  and some lace from Waltzingmouse.   Here is a close up of the stamp.
And here is a photo of the finished card.
 
I hope you will stop by the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog and see what the other ladies came up with for this week's sketch.  Better yet, I hope you find some time to play along - you never know, you might just win a free set of stamps!!
Thanks for having a peek!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  6" x 6"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Nordic Spring, Frame It
Paper:  Echo Park Life is Good Collection - Grandma's Quilt
Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream, Aqua Mist
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Dutch Tulip, Spellbinders Classic Hearts, Ribbon Banners, Classic Scalloped Hearts
Seam Binding Paradise Aqua Hug Snug
Ink:  Stampin Up!  Baja Breeze
Lace:  Waltzingmouse
Bead Circle His & Hers (Hobby Lobby)
White Leaf Pin:  Ribbon Reel
Flower:  Modern Romance

23 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

WOW.....is this ever pretty!!!! I love the colors and papers you used and the heart image layered on the diecut doily looks fabulous!!!!!

Pauline said...

Simply stunning Jeanne! I love that beautiful die cut doily, and the soft creamy blue, such a romantic card!

Grá O'Neill said...

Gorgeous card, love all the elements & this is one of my favourite colour combinations :)

Deborah Frings said...

This is really beautiful - love the lace trim, the lace doily and soft, subtle colours - absolutely stunning!

Unknown said...

I love how you layer dies Jeanne. This card is beautiful and the flower and ribbon are exquisite. I love the stamped image & ink color too. ;)
So pretty! Thanks for the amazing inspiration and I'm breaking out the Nordic Spring set and gettin' inky. :) Hugs

Marybeth said...

A true Jeanne beauty! Gorgeous card and love one color. The bow and flower are truly amazing! I love the round die behind the heart and the way you placed the ribbon banner across the bottom of the heart. Such a beautiful anniversary card!

NanaConnie said...

Stunning, Jeanne! Love that heart . It actually looks stitched. Great colors and that bow is so gorgeous, I'm completely jealous. :-D

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Jeanne! So elegant looking! Thanks for the inspiration!

Vickie Z said...

Well.. I was totally jealous of the garden... and, then, you spring this on me!!! How many Cheery Lynn dies do you own??? Actually, used the one I had finally today...you made me go doily!!! Gorgeous card!

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Jeanne! LOVE all the textures, and that cool blue and silver is divine!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Gorgeous Jeanne! Love the stamping, tight color pallette and embellishment!

Sharron said...

Gorgeous, Jeanne! Love so much about your card--the colors, the awesome die cut behind the hearts, the lace, the perfectly placed sentiment and beautiful ribbon & flower treatment! A truly beautiful anniversary card!

Lise said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors.

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, this card is just amazing, Jeanne! Love it!!

Suzanne said...

O.M.G. Jeanne! Stunning. Truly! I love your ability to turn such a simple sketch on its head entirely with perfectly cut layers. I love the whole thing!

Lisa Minckler said...

Yes, Yes, YES!!! Divine and perfect and gorgeous. :)

Cathy Weber said...

I can't even list all the great elements on this one...offhand the stickpin and that pretty and perfectly tied bow, the pretty heart image that fits perfectly on the spellbinder die (didn't realize that), such pretty colors and I could have used this card, I forgot my sons anniversary! What a bad mother I was!

Helen Berry said...

Oooo, totally utterly gorgeous. Such a pretty colour combo and that flower is exquisite Jeanne!

Marlena M. said...

This is so pretty! I love the layers.

Jill Norwood said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love that shade of aqua blue! Your bow is stunning! :)

purple_pea_fran said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I adore the colours and textures. The bow tops things off beautifully!

Plastic cards said...

This is looking so beautiful. Nice design with the best color. I like it. Thanks for sharing.

Kate said...

So pretty with all the layers and embellishments. Thanks for the inspiration !