Friday, August 31, 2012

WMSC 113 - Halloween Greetings!

Are you ready for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge this week?  My Saturday morning ritual is always see who won Top Mouse and check out the new sketch and Mischief Maker Inspiration.  The sketch this week is by Waltzingmouse DT member Lynn Mercurio of Stamperosity.    Lynn makes so many fabulous creations with all the perfect accents - I can't wait to see what she came up with for this one.   I really love the drawing with the scalloped edge at the bottom. 
I am in a fall state of mind.  Lately I am drawn to sitting outside with a good book and a big glass of iced tea.  I have been trying to fight it and get things done, but maybe my body knows something my mind doesn't.  I expect the cold weather will be here before I know it and I should enjoy as many rays as I can get until then.  But it makes me feel so darn lazy!  Can you believe the leaves are changing colors here already?    While I'm sitting in the yard I can see (and hear) them falling from the trees.  Birds are starting to flock together to migrate too! 
I decided to make a Halloween card - too many books about enchantment and fantasy perhaps?  I stamped the frame from Holiday Labels 14 twice - once in black, and once in orange.  I stamped the sentiment in black on the orange tag, and added a sprinkle of starbursts from Cicely at Halloween in a slightly lighter orange.   I cut out the center oval and used pop dots to adhere it to the black label.  Here's a close up..
I die cut the scallop trim in black with a Spellbinder Edgeability, and then cut the center strip with a reverse scallop to mimic the fancy edge.  I topped it off with a bow and some silver beads that I found in the jewelry department of the local craft store.  The bow center is a big black button with a medallion from Large Doily and the tiny witch from Midnight Feast.
Thanks so much for stopping by for a week - I hope you are inspired to play along this week if you are not as enchanted by the sun as I am!
 
Jeanne
 
Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5" x 7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Midnight Feast, Holiday Labels 14, Large Doily, Cicely at Halloween
Paper:  Recollections (Michael's) Midnight Magic, Papertrey Ink Orange Zest, True Black, Rustic Cream
Dies:  Spellbinders Labels 14, Standard Circles, Edgeabiliites Classic Scallop, Classic Decorative Inserts 2, Classic Petal
1" Black Wired Organza Ribbon
Deco Corner Chomper We R Memory Keepers
Twinery Charcoal Twine
Silver Beads Joann Jewelry Dept.
Ink:  Momento Cantaloupe, Versafine Onyx Black, Stampin Up! Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie

20 comments:

Marybeth said...

Stunning Halloween card. The paper and bow is to die for. Love all the trims and dies you used . I missed the deadline last week . Thanks for the inspiration .

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Jeanne, I love the fab punched edging, and he marvellous chiffon bow, the amazing label, but that Halloween toile de jouey style paper is just sooo pretty! A great job on this sketch!
Well, pinch punch, first day of the month, it's officially autumn here, and I have noticed the leaves changing and falling here too - but we have had such a bad summer, it seems to be over in the blink of an eye!

Sandie said...

This is absolutely STUNNING!! I love it so much. Definitely one to CASE :D

Lisa Minckler said...

And I'll take about 50 of these! If this is what sitting in the sun with a good read and tea does to you, then park a hammock and soak in the rays, chica...' cause this freakin' ROCKS!

Kelly S. said...

Oh my! An amazing Halloween creation, Jeanne! I love the vintage papers with your lovely labels...the Cicely starbursts are fab! What a clever way to layer the bottom die cuts...love the speck of orange at the top! And your Witch Wanda bow...sigh. I am ready to pay air fare just to come to your house to learn how to make those fancy buggers :)!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is an amazing project Jeanne! Those Recollections papers are so perfect for this wonderful Halloween card. Your Harlequin pattern is such a great addition and just the right amount of orange POP! Fabulous job.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is just amazing and that background paper, so stunning and just slightly spooky too. That witch is so witchy and now another set from WM that I have to have! Beautiful and spooky and sweet all in the same card.

Cathy Weber said...

So much to love on this one Jeanne, first that background paper is fabulous! It is so vintage and goes really well with the edgeabilities scallop. I love how you added the orange layer behind the patterned paper...makes everything pop and of course that gorgeous bow with the witch circle! So good. Loved it.

LDonohue1 said...

I love your card, so much creativity and style. Thank you.

Joyce said...

This is so gorgeous. You have made Halloween so elegant. Love all the details, especially that bow with the witch.

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely love it! The background paper is great and I love the way you've framed this sentiment. Love the chiffon bow and the little button is perfect! Great card!

As for Autumn arriving - the nights are drawing in and dawn arrives so much, and there is a chill in the air! But I love the colours!

Jean Martin said...

Jeanne this is such an elegant Halloween card. You always amaze me with how well you use your dies. They are always inspiring. Thanks! :)

Suzanne said...

I am gonna use one of Renee's lines here: I DIE!!!! (Said in my best Southern accent.) All of the diecuts and shapes and patterns - a visual delight!!

Christina said...

Oooh, so much fabulous stuff going on here! It's never too early for a Halloween card in my opinion. That sheer ribbon with the tiny witch, the layered labels, and the gorgeous vintage paper are all fantastic!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is a beauty, Jeanne! I love those papers and that harlequin background is just perfect! Amazing!

Unknown said...

All of your creative steps equal one fantastic Halloween card Jeanne. I love it!!! Hugs

Sharron said...

Wow, jeanne--this is so amazing--and stunning!! There are so many awesome details. Love all those great papers. You always use the die cuts in just the right way and add the most gorgeous bows!

Vickie Z said...

Woot!! Fabulous All Hallows Eve card! I did one too but, it's not as fancy as yours!!!

Anne-Elise said...

What a great Halloween card, Jeanne! Love the background with the gorgeous border and bow!

Kate said...

Gorgeous card Jeanne. Love the vintage paper, the label and the edging. And you've added just the right amount of orange to make it really buzz!