Sunday, August 19, 2012

Ribbon Reel Challenge #35 - Baby Bunting!





Are you addicted to ribbons and trims of lace, satin, twill, grosgrain, seam binding, paper flowers, buttons and so much more? Well I know I am! And I know just the place to find all the fab things that I love! Why The Ribbon Reel of course! Their blog challenge is one of my favorite places to play! I am always challenged by their sketches and inspired by the gorgeous creations by their design team!  I am thrilled and honored to be the Guest Designer for the month of August at The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog!!  This is the second and final challenge for the month - challenges are every two weeks.
This is the inspiration photo. Some kind of baby shower huh?  You are to create something using the colours in the photo as well as a banner / pennant.   So many beauties in this photo that there should be no problem getting a little inspiration... stripes, polka dots, pennants, flowers, ruffles - it's all up to you.  The Ribbon Reel Challenges last two weeks so you have lots of time to think about what you want to do and MAKE SOMETHING!!   

I made this  baby card with Waltzingmouse Stamps and lots of gorgeous trims and extras from the ribbon reel.  The mulberry paper flowers were originally off white.  I colored them with a Powder Blue Copic - just running the brush tip along the edges.  Since the flowers are paper they absorb the ink easily. I left one of them white so you can see what they looked like originally.  Here's a close up of the banner.

And here is my finished card.

Thanks for stopping by for a peek.  I hope you will join me this week and play along!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 6" x 6"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Bitty Banners, Holiday Labels No 14, Say It Loud
Paper: Paper Studio Blue Tiny Toes Baby Feet, Herringbone Blue (Hobby Lobby)
Solid Paper:  Papertrey Ink Select White, Stampin Up Bashful Blue
Ink: Momento Summer Sky, New Sprout, Versafine Onyx BlackDies:  Spellbinder Petite Ovals, Nexted Pennants, Cheery Lynn Swedish Spring Oval Frame
Ribbons 38mm White Crochet Lace, 10 mm Sky Blue Small Check Ribbon Reel
Buttons:  Paper Trey Ink Aqua Mist
Mulberry Paper Flowers :  The Ribbon Reel
Copic B41 Marker

18 comments:

Joyce said...

Congratulations on your guest designer position. It's perfect for you. You do the best and most with ribbons and trim. This card is no exception--it's just gorgeous.

Pauline said...

This is just so beautiful Jeanne, I love the banner,mand the fab gingham bow, sweet little flowers and the beautiful ornate frame. Gorgeous! So glad you could join us at The Ribbon Reel this month as our guest designer, thank you!

Helen Berry said...

Absolutely love seeing what you come up with each and every time and this is just exquisite! What an absolutely gorgeous baby card - I love everything about it!!

The Paper Parade said...

What a great take on the inspiration photo! Congrats on being a guest designer :) The banners are adorable, and the mat shape you chose compliments the shape of the cookies perfectly!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous sweetie ... simply stunning! In true Jeanne form, you've managed to create a card that is simply breathtaking -- thanks for joining us at TRR this week :)

Stella said...

I absolutely love your card. It's just sweet and precious!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is ever so pretty, Jeanne! LOVE all the pretty trims and lacy layers! And that banner is delish!

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, Jeanne! I don't know what else to say so I guess I have to say "Gorgeous" again. :-D

Nerina said...

How BEAUTIFUL! I love the delicacy and sweetness of this gorgeous card! There is so much here to enjoy - your banner is darling and the little sweet footprint details just make me smile!

Marybeth said...

Outstanding! You nailed the inspiration photo! I love your sweet baby card and all the Jeanne details. I might copy this one in pink, if you don't mind. I will tell my daughter I copied you. I love the way you saw the tiny banner and went with it! I am going to have to get one of those,Cheery Lynn Swedish Spring Oval Frames. Great inspiration!

Lisa Minckler said...

WOAH! Super card. I could sit and stare at your bows all day long. I love what you've done on this card. :)

hugs,
Lisa xx

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful frilly baby card!!! And I have spied another Cherry Lynn die, LOL!!!

Kristine said...

*GASP* Oh my... you have the NEATEST stamps and dies Jeanne!! Love this whole card - every aspect is awesome. *Ü*

OH, and my snowman card... I stamped it in versamark ink just once and then colored over that with chalks and cotton swabs :) Thanks so much for your lovely comment!!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful inspired card Jeanne! I love all the die cut layers and pretty stampings on this sweet baby boy card!

JJ Bolton said...

Jeanne, this is so beautiful but still boyish:) Congrats on being the Guest Designer for the Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog! I couldn't imagine a more appropriate place for you:) They could not have picked a better person to show the wonders of ribbon!

Every detail is of your card is executed just perfectly! I adore that herringbone paper! Lovely!



Lynn Mercurio said...

This is really incredible, Jeanne. Love all the wonderful layers so full of dimension and interest. Your banner along the top - done in those amazing colors, really drives home the festive feeling of "welcome" to that new baby. I love everything about your project. It's PERFECT

Anne-Elise said...

Your card is gorgeous, Jeanne! Love it! Congratulations on being a guest designer!

Lisa Minckler said...

Here I take forever to color a cow and you're knocking out eye-popping gorgeous creations one after another. Pardon the drool,this is exceptionally AMAZING. So pretty. :)