Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Serendipity Stamps - Retirement Blog Hop


Hi and thanks for stopping by!  There is so much exciting news to bring you from Serendipity Stamps today!  Several new stamps as well as two new dies have been released for fall and winter!  You can see all the images here but  how about a little peek of the dies?  Aren't they gorgeous?  The pumpkin can easily double as an apple and be used for Halloween or Fall.  Oh and guess what??   The special this week is Free shipping on any order over $10 (US only) Offer Ends August 13 -  talk about enabling!!!
The challenge this week is to make a retirement card.    My husband always jokes that when he retires he is going to go fishing whenever he wants so I thought this board dock image and sentiment were perfect.  All that little boat needs is someone to take it out on the water!  I colored my image with Copic markers and added some twine and a hand made faux lure.  To make the lure I bent a piece of wire in the shape of a hook, held the ends of the two feathers in line with the wire, and then wrapped simple craft thread around all three to hold them together.   I fastened the end of the thread with a glue dot and adhered it to my card.
Why not check out what the rest of the design team came up with for this neat challenge!  Simply click on their names below (listed alphabetically) to hop on over to their blogs!

Sue Eldred (on vacation)
Thanks so much for having a look - have a great day!  Don't forget, free shipping ends on August 13!
Jeanne  
Rowboat and DockGone Fishing
Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  5" x 7"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps
Paper October Afternoon Denim from Sasparilla Collection, Plaid from Campfire Collection
Markers:  Copic
Dies:  Spellbinder Classic Ovals, Labels 8
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Majestic Blue
Extras:  Twine, Feathers, Craft Thread, Wire

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Your image looks beautiful and the denim backdrop is perfect for this masculine card. That handmade lure adds such an authentic touch to your card Jeanne!
Hugs

Helen Berry said...

What a beautiful image you chose and I am awe if your colouring once again. This is so perfect for your husband! The lure you made is incredible Jeanne - so very creative & I definitely have to get me those papers!! Just wonderful x

Pauline said...

This is fabulous Jeanne, I love the image and fun sentiment, and the plaid papers are a perfect background.

Lisa Minckler said...

Ohhh Amen to that! I love the overwhelmingly relaxing aura of this card. I think it just wonderful. ;)

Amy Marie said...

What a beautiful card. Love the patterns and those feathers really pop!

Cathy Weber said...

Jeanne, Jeanne, Jeanne...look at this! I love your card, the neat way you added the denim and the coloring is perfect. How smart of you to make that lure...not even sure what a lure is exactly, but my sons would know for sure and love a fishing themed card, minus the retirement sentiment of course, they're way too young to retire. Beautiful card.

Miriam said...

Love the demin and plaid paper! The feathers are the perfect touch. Nice to see we can make the image look so different with contrasting colors.

Suzanne said...

Jeanne, I am ready to go fishing with you! I love the feathers and the blue ink that you used for the sentiment. And your coloring looks great.

Marybeth said...

It's so funny to see you use this stamp set... A few weeks ago I put this in my cart...then got distracted. I love your card! I was afraid it was too much coloring for me...I alwas mess up. The fishing lure you made is finstac ! Love the plaid and the denim paper you housed too. Love that pumpkin die ,can't beat free shipping.

Shannon White said...

Oh this is Fabulous Jeanne! Love the Wonderful serene image and Fab fly you created for your retirement card! Every detail is just Perfect! Love the Terrific denim and paid dp combo too! Just Terrific! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Unknown said...

What a fantastic card I love this image and the sentiment gives the card a wow factor Hugs Elaine

Joyce said...

This is such a perfect card. Your coloring is amazing, and your background is so realistic. Is that really a pair of jeans on that card?

Sharron said...

Oh, Jeanne, I just love everything about this card! The denim and plaid, the feathers, the wonderfully colored scene and your creative lure! You really aced this one!

Maria said...

Oh, what a lovely scene! Lovely coloring and paper! And, those feather really make a statement...love it! Take care and have a wonderful weekend!