Friday, August 10, 2012

WMSC110 - Stitched Butterfly


YEAHHH!!! It's Saturday!  Time to relax, grab a cup of coffee, check out the winners and the new sketch at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!  This week's design is brought to you by the lovely  Laurie Schmidlin!    Laurie's designs always have great color, style and a sense of whimsy.    I thought I might try to channel Laurie and come up with a bit of whimsy of my own with this fun design! 
Remember the sketches are for fun!  They are a guideline subject to interpretation.   When I saw this one - my first thought was making the little circles into flowers.  Then  I turned that rectangle into a layered butterfly with a gem brad ready to take flight!   I thought that twill ruler ribbon would look great with that stitched butterfly and all the other little details came together after that. 
  
You know I can't resist bling, so I threw in some swirls of gems too!  This one was lots of fun to make.   I hope that you have time to play along this week at WMSC - it's a great place to make new friends and you might just win a prize while you're at it!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5" x 7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Frame It, Nordic Spring, Large Doily
Paper:  We R Memory Keepers Family Keepsake Collection "Nellie"
Papertrey Ink Solid Paper Vintage Cream, Poppy Red
Dies:  SIzzix Flowers 3D, Spellbinders Tag, Big Scalloped Circles
Seam Binding Lipstick Red Hug Snug
Twill Ruler Ribbon Trends
Twinery Maraschino Twine
Red & White Cord Decorative Trim Hobby Lobby
Gems Recollections
Ink:  Momento Dandelion, Stampin Up Real Red, Versafine Onyx Black
Misc: Gem Brad & Button

13 comments:

Helen Berry said...

Jeanne what a stunner! The red and yellow are AMAZING together. I really like how you interpreted the sketch. Lovely trims - sweet measuring tape and twines and those flowers and bling are the perfect touch. Very very inspiring as always x

The Paper Parade said...

Wow, I love your take on the sketch Jeanne! I love that ruler ribbon! And the yellow doily with those red flowers....and the sentiment goes perfectly with it!

Suzanne said...

Hi Jeanne! I gasped when I saw this on the WMSC blog. I love the flowers, the colors, the double butterfly...amazing! And I am totally loving the sketch this week!

Joyce said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love your focal point, and all your beautiful little details.

NanaConnie said...

Love that stitched butterfly stamp! Gorgeous flowers.

Unknown said...

Stop, YOU're So Fabby! lol Jeanne, the colors you put together are a winner. This card is my new fave ;)and love the layered stitched butterfly. I need to get this set out and ink it up. Super interpretation of the sketch and I just love this fab card! :D
Grinnin' from ear to ear,
Lisa

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, WOW, Jeanne! This is stunning! So many beautiful things to look at, and I just cannot get over how yummy that butterfly is! LOVE!

Vickie Z said...

Love that butterfly taking flight! The ruler ribbon is perfect! Love the roses and bling!! Perfect Jeanne card!!

Sharron said...

Fabby card, as always! Love the double layered butterfly! And all the beautiful detail--the gorgeous flowers, the fun ruler ribbon & the swirly bling--is just STUNNING!

Cathy Weber said...

So pretty Jeanne, love that stitched butterfly and my very favorite part of the card is that ruler ribbon...that looks so great with this design. I think those circles look like flowers too!

Christina said...

Your layered butterflies and rolled flowers are fantastic, Jeanne! But my favorite detail is the measuring tape ribbon. Sweet!

Lisa Minckler said...

Noooo, YOU'RE so fabby. Did I ever mention how difficult it is to type from the floor? No??? Well, fyi...it is! CRIPES, this is gorgeous. You are the reason I should never go out of town, I miss stuff!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Jeanne! Love the layered WM butterfly and all the rolled roses!